WHAT TO DO FIRST for ADDED POWER? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WHAT TO DO FIRST for ADDED POWER?

Just bought a 1994 Ford F-250 extended cab truck from the ol'man that bought it new in 1994. This truck has the 7.3L turbo diesel, automatic overdrive trans. and I think 3.55 gears (will know for sure on Sat.). This truck is ALL stock with a 194-k mlies with all service records and new transmission installed last year. Runs and drives GREAT, but want to add a little to it and need to know where to start! kind of want to start on a budget, or I guess the best thing to do for the buck!
The powerstroke's are easy, but I have never had the regular 7.3 turbo and I am lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 07:43 PM

Since no one is talking to give me some input! I started myself today. Installed a 4" straight pipe from the downpipe back with a 6" SS tip! Sounds great, increased responce when I step on it.

[SIZE="3"]Now I need to find out where to get a 3" downpipe and some type of aftermarket intake or air filter![/SIZE]
Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM

intake in combo with your new exhaust should be next.
if you decide to put a chip/tune add some gauges as well...goodluck with your new toy
Old 05-18-2008, 07:39 PM

OK! But what kind of intake kit do I buy?? I have not found anything for the turbo diesel other than a drop in replacement filter. NO CHIP OR TUNER made for these either! Only the Electronic engines!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:52 PM

is your 94 an early or late 94?? if its a late 94 i would checkout dp-tuner.com for a programmer they have everything from mild/economy to wild. a good air intake would be the afe stage 2. afe is probly one of the best air intakes for the PSD. and rpmoutlet.com has a 3" and 4" downpipe for that truck as well.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_PSTROKE View Post
is your 94 an early or late 94?? if its a late 94 i would checkout dp-tuner.com for a programmer they have everything from mild/economy to wild. a good air intake would be the afe stage 2. afe is probly one of the best air intakes for the PSD. and rpmoutlet.com has a 3" and 4" downpipe for that truck as well.
This is NOT a POWERSTROKE! It is the 7.3L turbo diesel IDI!
I have a bunch of toy parts for 94.5 to 97 Strokers (intake kits, downpipe, superchip tuner, 2 other chips, injectors and I don't know what else) SO the parts I have now are worth nothing right now, until I get another Stroker!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
I believe he has an early 94.... its going to be tuff to get stuff for that year... i would highly suggest a DIY intake... do a search and you will find a lot of threads on how to do this mod... will cost you under 100 bucks to make your own intake... the 4" pipe is a great start.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 PM

I check on the DIY kit now! Any ideas on a downpipe for this truck, it looks simular to my Powerstroke but the inlets don't match up.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:08 PM

ya after i typed all that stuff i started wondering if it was a stroker or not. ya its gonna be extremely hard to find stuff for that truck.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you want more power you can turn the injector pump up. This will give you more power and a lot of smoke!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.