1993 F250 7,3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1993 F250 7,3

Hi!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct thread, but I'll give it a try.

I just bought a 1993 F250 Ext cab with long wheelbase and the diesel engine.

I am generally looking for info on these trucks (ninth generation right?). I'ts difficult to find reviews and stuff like that on the net so if anyone has anything to say about the truck or any good links, it would be great!

The truck is in fantastic condition. Except for the last six months, it has spent every night inside a warm garage, it has never been used during wintertime (lots of snow, salty roads and stuff over here in winter). And it also is a Harley Davidson edition apparently (I did not know they made the HD ediotions that long ago..?). I am taking delivery of it in av week and cant wait!

Any replys are appreciated

Best regards
David Andersen
Norway (Northern Europe)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davand View Post
Hi!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct thread, but I'll give it a try.

I just bought a 1993 F250 Ext cab with long wheelbase and the diesel engine.

I am generally looking for info on these trucks (ninth generation right?). I'ts difficult to find reviews and stuff like that on the net so if anyone has anything to say about the truck or any good links, it would be great!

The truck is in fantastic condition. Except for the last six months, it has spent every night inside a warm garage, it has never been used during wintertime (lots of snow, salty roads and stuff over here in winter). And it also is a Harley Davidson edition apparently (I did not know they made the HD ediotions that long ago..?). I am taking delivery of it in av week and cant wait!

Any replys are appreciated

Best regards
David Andersen
Norway (Northern Europe)
yeah...im pretty sure that they did not make a harley davidson editon that long ago. i found this while searching the web.

'In 2000, the first Harley-Davidson edition was released. The following year saw the introduction of the King Ranch trim and the crew cab (Super Crew) body style. In 1999, Ford brought back the high-performance Lightning.'

it was at

Ford F-150 Pickup Truck - Edmunds.com

and i think that edmunds is a pretty reliable source.

let us know when u get it what it actuialy is..

darren
Old 02-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is your truck turbo charged? I hope it is, they are fantastic with a little changing on the exhaust and turning the pump up a little. I have two IDI 7.3's and they both have a little under 300,000 miles and are VERY reliable!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

7.3 IDI's are great engines. Very reliable and stout.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for replying!
I too realized that they did not start making the hd editions until later...

it does not have a turbo the thing is that I always wanted an F with that body (92-97), but with norway being a tiny market for these trucks i just had to go with condition and not whether it had a turbocharger or not. I actually tried 3 trucks that same day, and the one i got was in a different league, especially in the way it drove (nice and thight steering and suspension). I'll try to post som pics when i get it!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM

It is not too big a deal to get an after market turbo for it, if you think you need more power. I have an '89 that does not have a turbo and I have put a better exhaust on it and turned up the pump (a lot) and it really runs great!! It does smoke a lot, but you would not have to turn it up as much as I did. I also get better milage when I tune them up. You can help the air flow by trimming the bowl off the lid of the air cleaner, if that has not already been done. If you need any help let us know!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There should be a couple of pics in my gallery hall now

I have driven it for a cuople of days and I love it already!!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:42 PM

Looks great!!! Do you live on a Farm? Looks like beautiful country! Are your trucks on a frozen pond? Looks COLD! What do you do for a living over there? Whos Super Duty was parked by you truck? I honestly did not know that these trucks were used in Europe, are there a lot of them? Sorry I have so many questions, this is just very interesting to me.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hehe thats ok yes we are farmers and we also do forestry and roadworks so the f-series trucks are awesome workmachines for us. to me, they are also the only trucks that can manage to bring dieselfuel, parts and tools deep into the forests to supply our forestry machinery.

the other truck is my neighbours 04 6,0 powerstroke they are parked on a snow/ice covered field. but we race old crappy cars on the frozen lake in the winter! thats a lot of fun!

no, there is not a lot of american trucks in europe. there is however some exeptions, like here in norway. we have huge taxes on new cars (you'll pay more than $200 000 for a new grand cherokee for example...). But up until 2005 we could put truckplates on american trucks, which meant no taxes. This is not possible anymore though, so we are really sad!!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:38 PM

That is all very interesting!!! What was the tax on your '93? What is your National language, because your English is perfect! My family owns a ranch in New Mexico where we run cattle, it is a very mountainous ranch that goes up to almost 11,000 feet in elevation and covers about 73,000 acres. We have a lot of forest, but it is very rough terrain. Do you cut timber? How's your truck running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.