Questions on a 7.3 IDI - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 95_Powerstroke
Questions on a 7.3 IDI

I was looking on craigslist yesterday and I came across a '92 F-350 CCLB 4x4 with a 7.3 IDI and auto trans. He says it either has 92,000 or 192,000, the odometer says 92k, aren't these electronic?

He replaced the injectors, glow plugs, and glow plug relay. Now, the truck starts up and runs, but it has a fuel problem. The fuel bleeds off and has to build pressure, then it smokes and knocks but once it swarm the smoke clears up and there is no knocking noise. He says his mechanic suggested that the injectors might be stuck open, a bad injector pump or the lifter pump. His ad his TERRIBLY written so I am trying to make this sound as best I can .

Other than this, the truck apparently runs and drives great. The body is pretty clean, there is some paint peeling on the bottom of the passenger door, and a dent on the bottom of the bed on the passenger side, but it seems straight otherwise. Interior is dirty and ugly (red) but is in reasonably good shape. It has almost new AT tires on it, and an ATS turbo. He is asking $3,800 OBO. Is this a fair price, or is it too high? I have been having some problems with my truck, so I have been looking to see what is out there. I would prefer a Powerstroke, but I figured since it has the turbo I could DD drive it for awhile until I can either swap in a stroker, or a 12 valve. I don't know too much about these engines, so any advice from those more knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated!

\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 95_Powerstroke
Any thoughts on this guys? I'm thinking about taking a look at it, but I am still not sure because it is a bit of a drive so I only want to bother if it seems worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.