Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP! No start problem, F-SUPERDUTY

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dietoremain 
#1 ·
Just bought a 1990 FORD F-SUPERDUTY with 71-k miles. 7.3L IDI, 5 speed truck. I bought it (CHEAP)and was told it was running. Put 2 new batteries in it and tried to start it. Turns over good and was leaking fuel out of the bottom of the filer (someone removed the little valve so I replaced the fitler and am trying to prime it but does not seem like it has much pressure and still not starting.
What do I need to do now????:dunno:

#2 ·
New filter with or without that attachment at the bottom of the filter?

Anways, fill the filter up with fuel, and put it back on. Open up the injector lines at the injectors and crank for a while till you get fuel to them. Once you do, tighten them, and then it should start. If it doesnt, something screwy is happening. Thats the most straightforward approach so I would try that first.

#3 ·
Went with the filter without the extra mess on the bottom. I dropped it off at a shop today and he said it was no problem to fix and should be ready on Monday. He said he is going to fill the filter with ATF and diesel then bleed the system at each injector after he get pressure to the filter. Sounds like what you said to try. He also said he has some sort of fuel cap with an air valve made to it so he could pressure up the tank to push the fuel to the pump, said this helps with removing all of the air from the lines.

#5 ·
lol $20 bucks aint bad... good guy for sure.

Drive itt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.