TO MANY PROBLEMS!!! NEED HELP FAST!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TO MANY PROBLEMS!!! NEED HELP FAST!!

OK I BOUGHT THIS IDI WITH THE HOPES OF IT BEING RELIABLE BUT ALL I'VE GOTTEN OUT OF IT WAS HEADACHES AND PROBLEMS...I LOVE THE TRUCK WHEN IT DECIDES TO RUN AND START ON ITS OWN...HERE'S A LIST OF MY RECENT PROBLEMS...

1. TRUCK WON'T START ON ITS OWN NEEDS BLOCK HEATER NO MATTER WHAT DEGREES OUTSIDE.

2. BATTERIES WON'T HOLD A CHARGE. JUST HAD THEM CHARGED AT WALMART 2 DAYS AGO AND TESTED FINE. BRAND NEW ALTERNATOR.GLOW PLUG RELAY. STARTER.

3. REAR SUSPENSION RIDES LIKE $HIT. HIT THE LITTLEST POTHOLE AND YOU FLY OUT OF YOUR SEAT...

IT'S JUST LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT, THAT REALLY JUST ERCK ME OFF BECAUSE THE SELLER SEEMED LIKE A STRAIGHT FORWARD GUY AND WAS REALLY NICE BOUT EVERYTHING....

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16yroldpowerstrokelover View Post
OK I BOUGHT THIS IDI WITH THE HOPES OF IT BEING RELIABLE BUT ALL I'VE GOTTEN OUT OF IT WAS HEADACHES AND PROBLEMS...I LOVE THE TRUCK WHEN IT DECIDES TO RUN AND START ON ITS OWN...HERE'S A LIST OF MY RECENT PROBLEMS...

1. TRUCK WON'T START ON ITS OWN NEEDS BLOCK HEATER NO MATTER WHAT DEGREES OUTSIDE.could be glow plugs. how long does the WTS light stay on?

2. BATTERIES WON'T HOLD A CHARGE. JUST HAD THEM CHARGED AT WALMART 2 DAYS AGO AND TESTED FINE. BRAND NEW ALTERNATOR.GLOW PLUG RELAY. STARTER.How old are the bats? what condition are all the bat cables in? Clean each groud for the batts.

3. REAR SUSPENSION RIDES LIKE $HIT. HIT THE LITTLEST POTHOLE AND YOU FLY OUT OF YOUR SEAT...Probly need new rear shocks. Don't mean to be a smart *** but that is the way these trucks ride. a real pounding, jolting ride.

IT'S JUST LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT, THAT REALLY JUST ERCK ME OFF BECAUSE THE SELLER SEEMED LIKE A STRAIGHT FORWARD GUY AND WAS REALLY NICE BOUT EVERYTHING....

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!
Hope this helps
Old 07-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Starting problems could be many things. Give us symptoms. White smoke while cranking? Cranking speed? How long is the WTS light on for before it goes off? My guess is a bad glow plug system with either bad timing, or air is getting in the fuel system.

As far as batteries are concerned, the above post asks good questions.

Its a 3/4-1 ton truck, the rear suspension will be rough. Put 1000 pounds in the bed and see how it rides. New shocks are a good idea.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy100 View Post
Its a 3/4-1 ton truck, the rear suspension will be rough. Put 1000 pounds ithe bed and see how it rides. New shocks are a good idea.
She will ride like a caddy.

We have a tractor that the battery in it got to drained and lost its electrolyte power. it would not take a charge for any amount of time. even adding new electrolyte did not help. the battery was too far gone.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The batteries could be fine. You could have allot of internal corrosion in the battery cables causing them to act dead due to the internal resistance. Also clean all the ground cables where ever they attach. Don't trust that "they look good"!

I second the starting symptoms request! Whats it doing, and not doing exactly?

YMMV Sean
Old 07-17-2011, 02:16 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Take the batterys out get them both tested to start off
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My bad what cranking amps they at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.