Fed Up!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fed Up!!!!

ok so post number 2. i bought this truck 2 weeks ago. since then i have fixed differant issues. from a oil leak coming from under the turbo(fixed) glow plug connectors (fixed) now since fixing the oil leaks went out last week started the truck up and it started blowing out white smoke. the guy i bought it from said he did the head gaskets. come to find out the tstat was stuck closed so i bought a new one. i did a oil change and replaced the fuel filter just for good measure. coolant temp gauge inside the cab isnt working right. when you turn the key the needle goes to the left of cold. and doesnt ever move. when you turn the key off and then it moves to the cold line. thats why i replaced the cts. and still nothing. i am no diesel mechanic but i need help. someone please help me figure out what is going on with this truck.......................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ford gauges suck, period. Invest in either a cheapo water temp or a good quality water temp gauge. You CAN NOT trust the ford gauges.

Stuck close? Did you drive the truck very far? It could have overheated (in the sense that the water in the block got super hot and the thermostat never opened to cool it down). Could have done the headgaskets or heads in. I would run it for a while and check your coolant levels to see if they go down any.

Is it a white smoke that disappears fast, like a cold gasser, or does it linger in the air and stink?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so the white smoke smells strictly like fuel. it just sits there and pours out. doesnt go away. i dont know if its getting air into the system. i noticed there was alot of condensation coming from the blowby. but there is no coolant in my oil and no oil in my coolant. could it be built up moisture from not being driven? i am affraid to take it on long drives due to the smoking. oh and the coolant gauge problem is fixed. had a splice in the wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.