E4OD tranny ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question E4OD tranny ?

I have a '94 7.3L w/ the E4OD tranny and i have been having some problems with the tranny. First off my OD light started flashing last fall, so i took it to my transmission guy and he replaced the MLP switch. that didn't solve the problem. then he adjusted the TPS back to factory specs, that lasted for about a week. next he replaced the tach sensor and that lasted about 2 months. right now i am not having any problem w/ my OD light but my truck is shifting much later than i would like or need. before my tranny guy adjusted the TPS the tranny would shift @ ~2,800-3,000 depending on how hard you got on the throttle. after he adjusted the TPS it shifted really smooth, almost unnoticable @ ~ 2,400-2,600. now the shift points have crept up to 3,000-3,200 when driving it w/out babying away from a stop but not drag racing away from traffic lights either. i did the volt test on the TPS & it was exatcly were my tranny guy set it at .99V idle & 3.8V WOT.
Does anybody have any ideas on what might be going on here. the tranny was rebuilt professionaly 2 years ago. i have checked my fluid and it is nice and pink, smells good, and correct level.

on a side not is it a bad thing if i have tranny fluid dripping from that breather toob thing on the bottom of the tranny and what appears to be tranny fluid from around were it mates up to the engine?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am replacing the Ford Transmission Control Module - I fouind one online - costs about $600 - it bypasses the entire Ford system and it is programable with a laptop so you can alter pressures/rpm shift points etc... here is a link - Baumann Electronic Controls Home Page

I do not know if it is a good product but I like the fact I can customize my shift patterns for my trucks weight/areodynamics and load...

Let me know if anyone has it and what they think!

Good Luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.