Fuel filter housing part# - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 09:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel filter housing part#

Anyone got it?
My fuel heater leak finally went from a seep to a noticable leak today. I decided to just eliminate it since i live in AZ i will never need it.
Turns out it didnt work anyway. I was going to thread it and plug it, but i didnt have a tap big enough at home and i couldnt drive it out to work today to get one. So i decided to Tig in an aluminum plug. That was a mistake. The housing is very poor quality cast alu. Wont weld for poop. Now its screwed up beyond tap/plugging it.
So i ground most of it out and hit it with a round 2 and its currently cooling as i write this.
Im afraid its still not going to work and i have to tow my camper on Wed. for my deer hunt. Any idea's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM

I spent some time with a die grinder and got all the weld out. I was able to tap it for a 3/4 pipe plug. So its a semi-permanent fix.
I have another question. What's the check valve for in the housing? Its behind the fitting that the return hose hooks to.
Mine's....... well no good now.
Now i get a fuel filter dummy light when i drive it. Never had it before that. Its a new filter too.
Idea's?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I believe thats a shrader valve for bleeding purposes if I remember corrrectly but its been awhile since I looked at one. I ditched that setup and bought a Baldwin filter and filter housing with an inlet and outlet only because the dealer wanted $400 plus for one. I ended up spending around eighty and the setup worked great.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:06 PM

found a junkyard replacement for $40. I will drill and tap this one for the pipe plug for a permanant fix. The original one is still holding but the material is so thin from the welding and grinding, i dont think it will hold permanantly
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camostroke View Post
I believe thats a shrader valve for bleeding purposes if I remember corrrectly but its been awhile since I looked at one. I ditched that setup and bought a Baldwin filter and filter housing with an inlet and outlet only because the dealer wanted $400 plus for one. I ended up spending around eighty and the setup worked great.
I'm on baldwins site and I dont see a housing I only see the filter?
could you post up some part numbers?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

F series fitler head - F2TZ-9B249-A
Part that needs to be changed with it F2TZ-9F597-A
I was told about $100 bucks for BOTH
Old 11-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i no longer have the engine because i recently did a powerstroke swap but the filter housing i believe had a 3/4" inlet and outlet. I then purchased two adapter fittings from the local hardware store to adapt the smaller inlet to the 3/4 inlet and the 3/4 outlet to the smaller line leaving the housing. sorry this is not much help i will try to look through my old receipts to see if i can find the information on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.