Is this a good price for a IDI truck?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this a good price for a IDI truck??

A buddy of mine is looking at a 93 F-350 DRW crew with an IDI 7.3, it has the banks sidewinder kit, aftermarket tranny cooler with twin elec fans and magnetic filter. The Auto trans has been replaced with an upgraded unit. The interior and exterior is amazingly clean just a couple chips on the hood, I searched this thing over and over for him cause I thought it had been wrecked and repainted but no, it's all original, even the crappy plastic headlights are crystal clear!!! It has 135k on the ticker and he is asking $7k for it, what do yall think??

We took it for a drive and I have to admit it would keep up with my PSD!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it may just be me but that sounds a little high
of course the market is to each there own so he could very well sell it for that

(i may be saying that its a little high as i only paid 2k for my 94 Non PS turbo with 220k)
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i paid 5500 for my 94 and i got a deal cause it was my dads best friend. it was real clean and everything i could ask for. i think 7000 is resonable with all the mods that is on it. i would check the vehicle history, like maintance and whatnot
Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 PM

I just paid $3000 for a 92 F-250 7.3L fairly clean with 135K on it... so you might be able to find a better deal.. but I agree if that truck is as clean as you say it is.. it might be worth it because after you put all the mods on it you will be up to ATLEAST 7K.. I priced the banks turbo system yesterday and it was around $2,500 bucks... so keep that in mind as well when your looking at it...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds as little high to me... around here you can get clean mid 90's powerstrokes for 7-9000 with mid miles on them... id much rather have a powerstroke than the old idi but thats just me
Old 07-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If it is immaculate and the trans. was replaced recently (not a lot of miles on it) I would say that $7000 is a reasonable price. I'd rather pay 7k for a mid mileage IDI (cheaper and easier to work on IMO) than 7k for a 180,000+ mile PSD (which is the mile range for 7.3 powerstrokes in the 7-9K price range around here.)
Old 07-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i would say it might be worth it keep in mind that if it has the banks turbo setup it most likely was not factory turboed so it will have the high commpresion motor with will not last as long as if it was turboed to begin with just somethin to think about
Old 07-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry forgot to ad in the previous post i just bought a 96 f350 drw with 188000 miles on it for 2500 dollars
Old 07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

holy cow are u kiddin me stroken along? $2500? man thats a good deal i blue booked my 96 f350 with about well... 188,000 and it said it was worth around $9000 but mine is real clean and taken care of (dads old truck)
Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

TxPsd9673
yeah that is what i paid it does not have a scratch on it i purchased it at the auto auction with the clutch and dual mass destroyed put a 13 inche clutch in it ith a solid flywheel not another problem out of it since just steady reliable performance another thing it is a cab and chassey with a 8 foot flat bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.