:@ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 04mach1
Angry :@

well....

derrick gave me soem great advice ( on the phone ) i ended up getting the truck running..
BUT!

i had it running for roughly 10 min. no problems. then a tranny line blew off at the front of the motor. i turn it off and fix problem.. then i notice another fluid pouring out the back of the motor.
after further inspection it turns out that we have NO CLUE what/where it is and coming from..
its a clear fluid with a brownish tinge to it. so i figure diesel. NOPE it cant be because of hte placement of the fluid. the fluid is pouring down from ABOVE the starter and dropping onto my y pipe ( exhaust )
now i ran a BRAND NEW HARD LINE up teh pass. side fuel rail and that goes to the lift pump.
i checked that line and found NOTHING.. its dry
i checked the return line AGAIN HARD LINE ALL THE WAY TO THE TANK.. DRY.

so now im thinking tranny fluid.. cant be.. its BRAND NEW FLUID I PUT IN. becuase i just did a tranny swap and this is the FIRST STARTUP.

then i think about antifreeze. NOPE that bright neon green.

then i think brake fluid. but again i ran NEW hard lines about 2000 kms ago so im sure they did brake just now since i DIDNT TOUCH THE BRAKE PEDAL AT ALL!

the only thing left is power steering fluid. but this does/doesnt make sense either...
my resovior is EMPTY...
BUT why would they run a line to the back of the motor????? right?

im stumped guys... im also OUT OF MONEY ive dropped to much into this thing and cant afford any more for ATLEAST 2 weeks.

tranny = 3000.00
all my lines = 500-600
fluids = 100.00
truck = 2200.00
fuel filter= 129.00
tranny filter/cooler= 100.00
normal pickup box ( had utility boxes on it ) = 200.00 ( rough shape. )
bondo/fiberglass = 120.00
steel patch panels for box = 150.00
cap for the box = 100.00
driveshaft hanger bearing = 100.00
paint for it = 100.00
stereo for it (not even installed yet ) = 1000.00
headlight bulbs= 10.00
tinted headlights and taillights = 100.00
cb radio= 200.00
window tint = 150.00
hitch= 200.00
recevier for ball = 70.00 + tax
body lift kit 150 US plus shipping roughly 240 worked out to i think
2 decals for my window 60 US
3 weeks of working on it 5-7 hours a day AFTER my FULL TIME JOB lol lol lol A MILLION! lol lol
new batteries since my died 120 bucks
serp. belt for motor 69.99
sticker to tow things ( needed in ontario little yellow thing on your window) 260 bucks
about 3 days worth of cleaning to teh interior since it was a work truck..... 100.00 in cleaners + time
heater 90.00

hose clamps for the lines ( i used fuel injection clamps because i didnt know hte pressure in the lines ) atleast 100.00 (all my lines have them tranny,diesel everything )

this is all within the last 2-3 weeks.. and im a 21 yr old kid with a 964 dollar a month car payment

so anyone have a clue on what it could be???

Last edited by 04mach1; 03-03-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 09:40 AM

I too bought a few fix er uppers. In the end you end up putting about %30-50 more than what it would cost you for a turn key. I bought the truck in the avatar with 180k miles on it for ~$5000 u.s. I'm the 2nd real owner. It was well mainted. Original paint and all. You just have to be patient and 1 will come up. I won't even start with hom much i have in my mustang lol. Bought it for $6000 u.s 5 years ago when it was stock. Its on the 3rd modded motor in it now. I would have been better off buying one already moddified cause you know what the resale value is on modification
Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to 04mach1
see thats the wierd thing.. i have more money in my GIRLFRIENDS motor then what she paid for the car... LOL we build the motor after i blew the stock one. that only cost 14,000.. oh well we wanted teh best.. ROUSH

anyways, it doesnt bug me sinking money into the mustangs hers or mine. but for some reason my daily always brakes when i have no money...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.