6th gear vibration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Tranny Problems 6.7 Tranny Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6th gear vibration

2015 with less than 1000 miles. Has a bad vibration in 6th gear. Anyone else seen this issue?

Going into the dealer in two days. I hope its not serious. I have a lot of camping trips planned over the next two months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Now it gets even more strange... I put my factory wheels and tires back on and the vibration seems to have gone away.

How is it possible that my new wheels and tires only have a vibration in 6th gear and not 5th gear at the same speed?
Old 07-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I have the same issue with my 2015... Stock wheels and tires. Seems to me it vibrates when it's in 6th gear and the RPM's are really low

Last edited by MaxMuscle; 07-10-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the same thing happen to mine, its like a real light shudder, noticed early on around 1500 miles. 6th gear, 1000-1500 rpm lightly on the throttle. It did it a time here and there nothing bad. Fast forward to 6k miles and its getting worse, same gear, same rpm and it shudders so bad it will almost shake a water bottle out of the lower cup holders. Mine goes in this Thursday to see what they can find. If I let out of it, it will go away. If I stay in it, it continues to shudder and shake the truck then its almost like the torque conveter kicks in/out but it continues to do it. I had a 2011 and took the seal out for 4,5,6 gear, it feels like that did except its only in 6th. It feels to me like 6th gear is slipping and catching, but it also almost acts like the torque convorter. my guess is maybe the shift solenoids
Old 09-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Let me know what they tell you, I have 35" tires and a leveling kit, I'm hopeful they aint going to try to give me the run around that its my tires doing it
Old 09-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine was wheels/tires related. I put my stockers back on and the issue went away. I am awaiting a new set of wheels tires now. If it comes back with different wheels/tires I will be floored.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:43 AM
I Am Canadian!

As soon as I put my 35" mud tires on this also started. When I had my stockers on I never had an issue. Might be tire related too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.