Transmission Shifting Went CRAZY!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Tranny Problems 6.7 Tranny Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 06:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission Shifting Went CRAZY!!!

On Friday while accelerating very hard to get on to one of Houston's highways I had to fully open it up and then close it hard twice. After that the transmission started shifting from 6th to 5th to 1st whenever I de-fueled all the while doing 65MPH or so, but it never made it completely to 1st as it bump hard and jump back to 6th. This happened about 4 or 5 times and then it stopped. When I exited the highway it down shifted hard to to 5th and 4th gear as if it was in Tow Mode and then it jumped back to 6th and from that point everything worked normally.

Any idea as to what the hell could have caused this?

Called my dealership friend and he said that he has never head of this happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 05:32 PM

The tranny computer was thinking "WTH" too.
It was adapting to driving style.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't agree, shifting to 1st gear at 65 is not adapting to driving style. The other day while once again driving at highway speeds the transmission dropped to 4th gear when I defueled and I was not doing anything out of the ordinary whatsoever.

The truck has 73,000 miles on it and my "driving style" hasn't changed. From pulling trailers, to WOT getting on the interstates to city driving. When I drive more city than highway, yes the TCM adapts and I can tell by the way it is shifting or when it shifts. Never once did it ever just drop to first gear or any other inappropriate gear for that matter.

Spoke with my dealer and they have never heard of this ever happening and they know first hand how I drive and more importantly maintain my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.