Possible Transmission Issue? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Tranny Problems 6.7 Tranny Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible Transmission Issue?

Hello All,

I recently bought a new 2012 F-250 CC SB Lariat. I am thinking that I possibly have some sort of trans issue. The truck only has 350 miles and when I had originally called the dealer about it, they told me it was a "learning transmission" and to give it time.

The issues:

1. Shifts from first to second gear are fairly hard and almost feel like a lunge, but are much smoother when i do not accelerate fast.
2. Shifting going around corners in 2nd - 3rd or 3rd to 4th are hard and almost feel like it is going in to neutral or missing the shift.

I will say that I noticed these issues at first but they were all magnified after I was with a buddy and gunned it off the line at a stop light (not wide open but still fast).

The truck is at the dealer now to get the spray in bedliner installed and an undercoat, and I asked them to also take a look at this, but want to get all any feedback anyone here may have (I don't have a super high trust level with the dealer honestly).

Another thing that made me think and question a few things, is since the manufacture date was back in June or July, should i be concerned that it hasn't had an oil change or anything yet? Anything else I should do since it has technically been sitting for 8 months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 07:39 PM

They applied TSB 12 - 5 - 12 and it is MUCH better now.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mine was doing something similar and now

I will be getting a new transmission pump as soon as it comes in. I believe a service bulletin 13-1-2 was the one that covered it. There is also 13-01-13 and 12-09-04, but don't know what those cover specifically. Mine was having a delay going into reverse and also sporatically shifted very hard in the lower gears.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 PM

Mine seems to have good and bad days as far as hard shifts. I have realized when its cold it usually shifts harder but was told that is normal. As far as the jumping around and feeling like it has missed gears. That has only happend once and I just hit 2000 miles this week.

How many miles do you have?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Emergency Services

Can't speak for the learning part since I got my truck with 12,000 miles, but they do shift hard when cold. Also have hard shifts between third and fifth gear at 12-1400 RPMs going about 30-40 mph

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine has 32k miles on it and

it has good days and bad. 95 percent of the time it shifts as smooth as silk going into reverse as well as going through the forward gears. There have not been any instances where I would suspect that it missed a gear, but rather it hesitates before slamming into the next one. Going from neutral to reverse first thing in the morning can give you quite a jolt. From what the Ford Tech told me, the pump loses its prime and does not retain a full fluid level in it if it sits for very long, therefore it has to re-fill and thereby produces the jolt. I really haven't noticed whether it is temperature sensitive or not. Either way, it gets a new pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.