Tranny Pan Gasket - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Tranny Problems 6.7 Tranny Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Tranny Pan Gasket

Took my truck in for service last week and the tech informed me my gasket was showing signs of a leak and they replaced it. said it wasnt a drip yet but was wet from around the middle of the pan all the way to the corners. anyone else had any gasket issues? Truck just hit 20k miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yep 20k on mine too. I just took it in for the second time as their first attempt to fix my leak (via gasket) did not work. They called me today (Helfman Ford) and told me they need to replace a different gasket! It got worse... The gasket won't be here for a month!!! I will keep you posted. Did the gasket fix your leak?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So ford put my truck back together without the new seal (output shaft seal) as it is back ordered for a month. The service adviser said it is not leaking enough to be overly concerned and I should be fine till the seal comes in.. Guess I will watch the tranny fluid like a hawk. I forgot to mention that the first attempt to fix my leaky tranny was to replace the tranny pan gasket.

I love my 2011 F250 and I hope I don't have all the problems I've had in the past.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Premium Member

Huh, even if the gasket is a reusable and lifetime one? It's even stamp on the pan saying that,man when is ford going to get this right?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got a 2012 with 1800 miles on it. When I was underneath it draining water from my fuel filter I notice transmission fluid around the rear of my pan. Just dropped it off at the dealership. Hope they fix it right.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Louiecvt please let us know how it goes.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got it back today. They said they had to replace the gasket. Of course they had to order the part so it took two days. Went under the truck when I got home and everything's seems fine. I'll be keeping a close eye on it though.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 PM

Mine is at the dealer (for the third time) now with the same issue, leaking around the rear of the transmission. They have now had the truck for 10days, and the service rep says the tranny tech will be replacing the pan gasket monday. I informed him that they replaced the gasket once already and it did not fix the problem. From the little bit I looked at it, I think the fluid is coming out of the parting line where the transfer case is mounted to the back of the transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.