Hesitating in reverse? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Tranny Problems 6.7 Tranny Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hesitating in reverse?

This morning I started the truck and put it in reverse. It sat there for a good 2-3 seconds, just like I had put it in neutral, then reverse engaged. Seemed to drive OK after that but the rig only has 800 miles on it so far.

I ordered by 2011 and it arrived the last week of May, so I'm thinking it has the latest PCM updates, maybe not.

Anyone else having this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I do... Mine slams after a delay when cold... Dealer tried a reflash to noavail.... Dunno what to try now

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Old 10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After sitting 1 hour or more I have a 4-5 second delay before reverse engages with a bang.Had it reflashed once seemed OK for 500miles or so then returned.
2012 F350.
There should be a bulletin as this can not be good for this very expensive transmission.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

we finally got our hands on a 6r140, currently working on them and going to address these issues.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Trucker View Post
This morning I started the truck and put it in reverse. It sat there for a good 2-3 seconds, just like I had put it in neutral, then reverse engaged. Seemed to drive OK after that but the rig only has 800 miles on it so far.

I ordered by 2011 and it arrived the last week of May, so I'm thinking it has the latest PCM updates, maybe not.

Anyone else having this issue?
Take it back to dealer, and tell them there is a tsb for this. There were some bad oil pumps that got installed on certain 2012's, and when it sits for an exteded period of time (overnight is all it takes), the oil leaks out of the pump, and when put it in reverse, it takes a few seconds for the pump to fill back up with oil, before it can actually shift. I just had a new oil pump installed in mine and works like a charm now.

I don't have the TSB number, as my paper work is tied up the BBB, for many other problems that i have that ford can't seem to figure out.

See thread: DELAY IN TRANSMISSION WHEN SWITCHING INTO REVERSE

Last edited by darkshadowgray08; 10-26-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.