Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Reverse Not Engaging

15K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  srivera909 
#1 ·
For a while now I've noticed sometimes that when shifted into reverse, I push the pedal and nothing happens, and then suddenly it clicks in. I'm dreading the day that I push the pedal and before the RPMs get back to normal, it slams into gear. It has started to become more frequent and am starting to freak out.
Wanted to check if this is a known issue, or isolated?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Bump.

This issue has resurfaced and is happening every other day. Went to the dealer and of course they could not replicate the issue. Anyone else have this happening?

#4 ·
My fault i Failed to read the description of your truck, the delayed shift into reverse could be from the tunes, I run vivians looney wild on my truck and sometimes it takes a second to shift in to reverse, a more dreaded thing that could be going on your transmission could be about to go out how many miles do you have on the transmission and is it stock?

#6 ·
if you have a good tuner or forscan or the like, Watch the shift requested and gear requested, gear selected, actual gear and solenoid pressure PIDS and see what you get. If you get requested and selected but not engaged , could be a solenoid or loose harness issue.

#7 ·
Keep on forgetting to update my sig, truck is 2014 F350 w/ H&S canned tunes.

#8 ·
A couple things to try. First, return tuning to stock, then retune but don't do the H&S tranny tuning. Some have said that the stock tuning is better and I never did use the H&S when I was running the canned engine tunes. Another thing to try is to reload the tranny tune and make sure you do the relearn. My bet is on the tuning and that it is messing up the reverse. I ran GH after the canned tunes and my transmission was a lot happier for a long time. Then it started shifting harder and having a few problems. I than switched to Tyrant and it is much better than GH ever was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.