Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2015 Tranny Shifting Weird Into 6th (Video)

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Flip Dog 
#1 ·
Driving to work this morning I noticed the truck was shifting weird into 6th gear.

It seems like it struggles and rev's when trying to shift into 6th.

I have a video of what I'm talking about. Happens around the 28 second mark. Sorry its kind of hard to hear and see what I'm talking about. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Also I'm gonna keep an eye on it. Not sure if its normal or not.

Thanks.

View My Video

#2 ·
Yeah that is not right...

Warranty!

#3 ·
Yeah looks like I'll be going to the dealership over my days off.

#4 ·
A few months later I got it checked. Ford said they couldn't find anything wrong. Should I get a second opinion at another ford dealer?

#6 ·
Well having a hard time here. Went to my dealer I bought the truck from and they said they're not taking in any vehicles with tranny problems. Fine. Went to another dealer in my area and they're the ones telling me nothing is wrong.

Called a third dealer to get the second opinion from and he said they're to busy with recalls right now to take a look at my truck. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place right now

#8 ·
The lady I spoke to didn't know why. After talking with this 3rd dealer and getting no where I'm going to be contacting Ford.

#10 ·
Not that I can recall, but now that you mention it I will keep an eye out and report back.

And yeah I got the same response even after showing them my videos. Funny cause I drove it off the lot and it did the same thing. At that point I was over it. Basically told me to drive it till a CEL comes on or I blow the tranny up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.