Stock truck leaning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock truck leaning

Hey guys i know there is another thread on this but it is about lifted trucks. i have a 2014 F450 KR bone stock. Last Friday i noticed it leaning badly. it was 1.5 inches lower on the left than the right. I have noticed a little bit of a lean over the past couple weeks but nothing like it was on Friday. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they measured it and told me that up to 2" is normal and that the body on the frame makes it look like an optical illusion and that all of the new superduty's have this issue.(my buddy's 2012 350 does not have this issue.) Then i told the service manager that i could tell it was leaning while driving and he was shocked by that. They brought it inside and measured it again on the shop floor and sent the numbers off to the Ford Hotline and said they would let me know what they come up with.

Who else has had this issue with a stock truck? also did you get it fixed and how?

Sorry for such a long intro there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
my truck is leveled up front but is 1.5" lower on driver side at the rear. i havent measured up front though
Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM

My dealer said there was a bulletin from ford about body lean...mines at the dealer right now..they changed out the drivers side front spring and now they have to shim the body to get the correct stance. Mine was .75 inches low on the drivers side.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:26 AM

my dealer told me that i was pretty much **** out of luck and they would not do anything about it. told me to just deal with it because when they measured it it was less than 1.5 down on the left.

Did they come up with the solution to change out the spring and shim the body? or did you tell them to?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 AM

The dealer is doing everything as per the ford bulletin. First in the process is changing the spring...if that doesn't make it right then they shim the body to get the correct stance....Your dealer is full of crap if they say 1.5 inches is ok. Time to get a new dealer.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:36 PM

Got my truck back and now both sides are less than .25 inches of each other. Dealer replaced the front left spring and shimmed the body. Very noticeable and I'm happy
Old 04-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks for the update, how many days did it take for the work to get accomplished?
Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 AM

Thanks yzf1999. mine goes in for an oil change today so im gonna have another talk with the service manager about this. glad everything worked out for you.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 AM

They had it for 2 days.....First day they changed the spring, but that wasn't enough so they had to order the body shims and had them the next day. My service manager told me they went out to the lot and measured every new f250 and found they are all low on the drivers side.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Had it back to the dealer today. They said there is no bulletin for my truck. Told me to call ford directly. Just got off the phone with them and they said there's nothing wrong with the truck since it's within 1.5" to the left. So neither ford nor my dealer will acknowledge a problem with the truck. I'm thinking the only way to fix this issue is either lawyers or to take it to a shop to get it leveled out.

Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.