2014 F250 Climate Control/PowerFolding Mirror Failure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 03:46 AM
MegH

2014 F250 Climate Control/PowerFolding Mirror Failure

Hi, we have just bought a 6.7L 2014 F250 a little over 2 weeks ago. On Thursday evening, when trying to utilize the power folding mirrors (which have been used before) the morrors would not fold in (they do however still telescope and the glass still moves) and now we have no use of the climate control or radio controls knobs. The myTouch screen will not even allow us to chgange the heat setting (it's now stuck at 71 on defrost). The truck has less than 700 miles on it and we're extremely frustrated. Local dealers cannot see the vehicle until Tuesday at the earliest and so we're looking for any ideas as so what could have caused this. We have already tried looking for a common fuse/relay for all parts, but have not come up with anything. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 06:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So fuse F24, 15A, on the BCM is ok. Fuse 24 will take out every item you listed plus a few extra just for fun. The next step is connector C2280A, pin 11, on the BCM is to make sure it's seated, followed by the splice behind and to the left of radio unit. I'm surprised you didn't have an issue with your TPMS when you do a systems check.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

One thing to do while your waiting to take it in to the dealer is to unhook both batteries completely and leave it unhooked overnight. Hook it back up in the am and see if anything changed. Basic turn it off turn it back on with a power drain in the middle of it.

It worked on a few lockup issues I had electrically on my other rig.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverp View Post
One thing to do while your waiting to take it in to the dealer is to unhook both batteries completely and leave it unhooked overnight. Hook it back up in the am and see if anything changed. Basic turn it off turn it back on with a power drain in the middle of it.

It worked on a few lockup issues I had electrically on my other rig.
Software by Microsoft, so you have to reboot it occasionally?

Tom
Old 04-07-2014, 10:20 AM

I'm only going to say that if you take and unhook both batteries and it does reset or fix the problem then how is the dealer going to be able to find what caused the problem in the first place? Me I would wait and let them look at it since its all under warranty.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:40 AM

What was the outcome of your issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.