Question about pump housing…. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about pump housing….

'm new to the forum and have a couple questions about a repair recently done on my '08 f250 diesel. The shop told me two months ago that my fuel leak was from my water separator and so I had them replace it. Recently I noticed it leaking in the same area and this time was told that the housing was leaking (not the gasket) - literally that the diesel was coming right through the walls of the housing. I told them that I wanted to speak to the mechanic but by the time I got down there they had already put a new housing in with a bill approaching $700. I have not paid yet and when I looked at the bill I noticed that they had charged me for a "fuel housing" ($94.95) as well as the following "A pump asy -fuel" ($548.13). I have 2 questions: 1) Am I correct in thinking that the second item is a fuel pump assembly? 2) Was it necessary to replace all of that or could they have just put in a new housing?

Thank you for any help….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmmm, If i remember right, all the HFCM's ive replaced were around 350-400$, and alldata time is like 1.5 hours +/- "Diagnostic fee". and that "Housing" is probably the WIF manifold. The WIF manifold comes WITH the new pump. They charged for the one that didn't fix it, then they charged you for the pump that came with it. I've seen where a WIF manifold erodes away from the water causing corrosion, and it needing to be replaced, but ive never seen the actual body of the fuel pump erode to where the gasket no longer seals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.