MyTouch Issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MyTouch Issues

This aren't problems, more like annoyances; first every time I shut my truck off like when I'm going into a store, anything less than an hour or more, it seems that I have no sound coming out of the speakers, the radio is on and it shows whats playing, but I don't hear anything. The remedy has been to shut off the radio and turn it back on, just a PITA. Second thing I noticed today, while listening to Sirius, the system abruptly switched to my iPod w/o me doing anything. I switched it back to Sirius w/o any issues.
Just annoying issues, wondering if anyone else has had this happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had the no sound once, but did as you and just hit the power button off and back on.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:58 AM

^^same issue with my 14. Turn truck on and radio doesn't play. Turn it off and turn back on. No big deal other than my friends making fun if a 60k truck that the radio doesn't turn on!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had similar issues a few months back and it was right about the same time as a Sirius update. I called the Sync 1-800 number and they said that there had been quite a few reports of the same issues. No matter what I turned off or on, the radio would not produce sound. I then disconnected both batteries, turned the headlights on to drain the electronics and waited about 10 minutes. I reconnected the batteries and it has worked fine ever since. I spoke with the dealer afterwards and they said they would have done the same. Beware that doing this will erase your transmission "learned" settings and it will relearn your driving style. There is a fuse that you can pull instead to avoid the settings loss, but I am not sure which one. Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen06 View Post
Second thing I noticed today, while listening to Sirius, the system abruptly switched to my iPod w/o me doing anything..
How long did it take to switch to the iPod? Was it like, turned on truck, is playing radio, then within a few minutes it switches to iPod?

If you iPod is plugged into your USB, I think I know the "issue."

I have a portable hard drive plugged in to mine and sometimes when I turn on the truck, it will start where I left it (Sirius or CD) then after a minute or two, the USB music comes on.

I think that the USB's take a little bit to recognize that something is plugged in, be it an iPod or a portable hard drive. So, when they recognize it, they think it was just plugged in and want to switch to it. Definitely annoying, however I don't think it's a real problem, just a lack of the computer system processing power speed.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:59 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Yeah that's basically it, I started the truck, was driving through town, about 3-5mins in and abruptly it switched.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

Yah they all do that, just unplug the ipod unless you wanna use it. I use a HD and it does it but usually pretty quick, maybe the ipod just takes longer to load

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-16-2014, 06:59 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Well it shouldn't do it, for $70,000 it shouldn't have any issues. My 10 had to have the Nav replaced twice, but never did the thing with radio no volume or switching to the iPod abruptly.
I shouldn't have to remove the iPod, I should be able to play it anytime I want w/o having to take my eyes off the road. They could take some cues from the Germans, I've driven a number of Audi's and Mercedes and they didn't have any issues. I don't like them because they are too small, my truck is the right size for me.

Last edited by BigGreen06; 02-16-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Premium Member

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that the problem isnt the truck, its the fact that your using an IPod. As I stated my thumb drive does it occasionally but it will load within seconds. Dont blame the truck, upgrade your hardware.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:27 AM

I had all the issues your talking about. I took it in and had them update it. Took about 45 mins. They plug a flash drive into the USB on th dash. No more problems! It has nice improvements too. The back up camera has changed some and they have the voice prompt options showing when using hands free

Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.