CEL Code P054F - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CEL Code P054F

A couple weeks ago my brothers 6.7 Check Engine Light came on one cold morning here in Alaska. The code was: P054F - Idle Control System - Fuel Quantity Higher Than Expected.

The dealership said the computer needed to be updated, cleared the code, and said everything was running fine. This morning was another cold morning and the CEL came on again.

Any ideas on what causes this code? Will the CEL clear itself? Sucks to have to go to the dealer to clear these codes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got the same code last week on my 2013 with 3,200 miles on it. I have an appointment at Cal for Thursday morning. I know nothing about this code. I am going to be pissed if it comes on again after they give it back. I just got the Dash Commander so I can clear it myself but this truck is starting to irritate me. It's been to the dealer more already than my 03 6.0 was in 10 years.

I will see what info I can get out of them and report back here.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaDad View Post
I got the same code last week on my 2013 with 3,200 miles on it. I have an appointment at Cal for Thursday morning. I know nothing about this code. I am going to be pissed if it comes on again after they give it back. I just got the Dash Commander so I can clear it myself but this truck is starting to irritate me. It's been to the dealer more already than my 03 6.0 was in 10 years.

He took his into Kendall in Wasilla when the CEL came on the first time. He won't get it back into the shop for a couple of weeks since he's getting ready to leave for vacation. I think it has to be realted to the cold weather.

I've been on the north slope for the last few weeks, therefore my truck has been sitting at the house. I'll be curious if mine decides to throw the same code. I bought my 2012 new at cal's back in April and it's been a great truck so far.

Please let me know what Cal's says about your truck and I'll also post back when I learn more about my brothers truck. I'm flying home this evening. Heck, I might reporting a similar issue with my truck since we've had some cold days this past week.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Our base trucks are twins in appearance, almost. What makes you think the code is temp related? Just wondering. One thing is for sure, this truck has a much higher cold weather idle than my 6L did.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Our base trucks are twins in appearance, almost. What makes you think the code is temp related? Just wondering. One thing is for sure, this truck has a much higher cold weather idle than my 6L did.
Yeah, I think silver looks sharp on these trucks.

Cold temperatures are pure speculation on my part. I just find it interesting that my brother's truck threw this code twice, and both occasions were on mornings after we had a cold snap in the weather.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You may very well be right. Mine threw the code during a rather cold day too. Yeah my 03 was dark blue which I liked but the silver hides dirt a lot better. Had not planned on getting the chrome package but I think it really looks good with the silver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:

What did Cal's say about your truck? I dropped my Brother's off on Friday. Their pretty backed up and I didn't have an appointment. So, I won't hear anything for awhile.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cal just called this morning to say it was done. They don't seem to know the cause either. They just cleared the code. I haven't picked it up yet maybe I can get a little more info then.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlaskaDad For This Useful Post:
Drylandfarmer (03-01-2014)
Old 12-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Cal just called this morning to say it was done. They don't seem to know the cause either. They just cleared the code. I haven't picked it up yet maybe I can get a little more info then.

I got my brothers picked up. They said the fuel was gelled, which seems odd since the low fuel pressure message never appeared. Also, the air filter box didnt properly seal all the way. So the installed a new one.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That doesn't make sense to me with the CEL that was thrown. I run double strength Stanadyne. I know mine wasn't gelled.

You did good getting in and out during the holidays without an appointment. I had an appointment 8 days ago and just getting it back today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.