Rattle??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rattle???

New to site, new to ford so bare with me please....

Bought a brand new f250 with 22miles on it.. ALL STOCK... STILL STOCK except for a much needed titan tank... Truck now has 22k on it and still perfectly new, except for this subtle rattle its started doing... the rattle is not really noticeable while driving, but rather when in park and at a stop while in drive.. if you put a cup of water in the console you can see the water vibrating in the cup...if you lift the hood of the truck you can the dip stick housing shaking... if i have things in the back of the truck i can hear them rattling as well.. its not a loud rattle but rather a powerful one.. every thing in the truck shakes... if air is on, you cant hear the rattle. if radio is on you cant hear the rattle either.. maybe im just picky, its very annoying...

im having a hard time pin pointing this thing.. its almost like a motor mount is loose or something.. i am lost here.. Is anyone experiencing this?

its going to stealership on tuesday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMTDuckh View Post
New to site, new to ford so bare with me please....

Bought a brand new f250 with 22miles on it.. ALL STOCK... STILL STOCK except for a much needed titan tank... Truck now has 22k on it and still perfectly new, except for this subtle rattle its started doing... the rattle is not really noticeable while driving, but rather when in park and at a stop while in drive.. if you put a cup of water in the console you can see the water vibrating in the cup...if you lift the hood of the truck you can the dip stick housing shaking... if i have things in the back of the truck i can hear them rattling as well.. its not a loud rattle but rather a powerful one.. every thing in the truck shakes... if air is on, you cant hear the rattle. if radio is on you cant hear the rattle either.. maybe im just picky, its very annoying...

im having a hard time pin pointing this thing.. its almost like a motor mount is loose or something.. i am lost here.. Is anyone experiencing this?

its going to stealership on tuesday...

Cannot help with your problem, mine has a few rattles too, sounds like it is coming from backdoor driver side. And another Right by my head at window when exceed speeds of 65 or more. Nothing as radical as your explaining though. Good luck and welcome to the forum...Tons of great information on here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.