High Pressure Fuel Pump Failure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High Pressure Fuel Pump Failure

I have been driving versions of the F-350 for 25 years with mostly good results. DO NOT BUY THE F-350 WITH THE 6.7 ENGINE!!! There is a very good chance that the high pressure fuel pump will fail with catastrophic results. More importantly, if this happens, FORD WILL NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!
Ford will either blame contaminated fuel or improper maintenance(not changing fuel filters every 12000 miles, for instance). One of our 2012 trucks(55000 miles) stalled on the side of the road for no apparent reason. Two weeks later, after blaming contaminated fuel(wasn't), then "improper maintenance", Ford wants $10000 to replace entire fuel system, plus injectors. I know from the blogospere that this is a systemic engineering problem with this engine. Please respond if you have had similar problems. FORD IS NOT STANDING BEHIND A FAULTY PRODUCT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm am going to sell my truck right now, thanks for saving me bro.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM

Although obviously trying to bankrupt ford with bad publicity. Good luck with that btw.
I will say. Our 450 at work did same thing. Hpfp went kaput. That was a $5k repair. They wouldn't honor warranty on it either, last I heard anyway. Fixed now though. I hardly ever drive it so wasn't me .
Old 10-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have actually been an even bigger Ford fan since they passed on the bailout but this is bs.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just curious what you will go buy if not a Ford? Go on the Cummins and Duramax forums and you'll see their issues...and you can find HPFP failures there too...and warranties being denied. I know that all sucks....but it's also NOT COMMON. Since we've decided to elect people to save our planet, we are getting "advanced" technology on these trucks. Sensors fail. Even though it's a small percentage....there are lots of them being used. Tolerances are getting tighter. Pressures are getting higher. If you want a new vehicle, these are the realities (stock). Otherwise, you need to go find and old one and build your "end of world" truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.