Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 built in 2010 throwing rod???

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  LilRichard 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2011 built in 2010 and was told some of the early build 6.7 in 2010 where throwing rods has any one heard this? Also would it be covered under warranty if mine has tuner dpf and def deletes? Thanks

#5 ·
List of concerns on 11's and early 12's is turbo then valves.

#4 ·
2 different times in the past, 2 different companies were doing some modifications and high HP tuning when they suffered catastrophic engine failure from bent rods. I believe the problem was all in the tuning, as I have not seen any rod issues since. :dunno:

And if you tune/delete, you are kissing your power train warranty goodbye.

#7 ·
Like said above. I don't think bent rods are an issue for stock.

From what I've read is bent rods in the f250 and 350s occurs when massive amount of bottom end torque is added. Such as compound turbos.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
My January 2011 build F350 6.7 just came out of the shop with a brand new long block from Ford. Exhaust valve failure caused catastrophic failure to crank shaft, cylinders and pistons. Blew right through the oil pan. I had 36,600 easy drive to work miles on it. So it's not just the 450/550. Don't believe that for a second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.