DEF low light stays on, keeps saying xxx miles to empty yet full? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DEF low light stays on, keeps saying xxx miles to empty yet full?

Its a 2011... said 600 miles to empty, so i added 2.5 gallons, which it took the whole bottle... then it never went away, and keeps saying 400 miles to E and 200 miles to E etc.... Went to add another 2.5 gallon container, and i don't think it took ANY of it, if it did, only a few ounces. Is it a sensor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck had a check exhaust system code or speed will be reduced in 50 miles when it only had 700 miles on it. The code went away after another five miles down the road, after that tuned and deleted all the emissions bs and haven't had a issue since.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 PM

I think it's a faulty sensor. Sucks to have to deal with stuff like that but I bet it's nothing major.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-26-2013, 08:21 AM

thanks guys..

Talked to dealer today, they want to charge $106.xx/hr for checking the computer and DEF message. Said there was an issue with the DEF warning light keep coming up, but that there is an update. Gave them the VIN # so they're checking on it.... i guess to see if the Oasis report states it was performed or not.

If the truck has 76k miles on it, a 2011, isnt the computer part of the powertrain/engine? They seem to think the truck has no warranty on it left, when the engine should be 5 years/100k mile warranty.

They said that they'd have to hook up the computer "charge us for the time" just to see if any updates were performed, WTF? Aren't updates just like recalls? Maybe they're costs he's talking about are really the deductible for warranty repairs? I swear he said HOURLY costs though.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Guessing you have had this issue taken care of by now. Had an issue with the same message on my 12 and it came and went until finally, it came back on with like 15 miles left on the warning!!! Truck went into limp mode and drove it to the dealer. There is a TSB to recalibrate the computer and the fill level of the DEF bottle or something like that. That happened at about 600 miles and haven't had a problem since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.