2nd turbo in 25k miles! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2nd turbo in 25k miles!

I bought this truck brand new last Oct its been dpf deleted since 1200 miles. First turbo quit at 15k miles and now another one out at 25k miles.something is wrong here I only run mild tuning with the h&s. Last Turbo covered under warranty. Hopefully this one will be to. Anybody else changing turbos every other oil change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Btw its not a cab and chassis
Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 AM

more details on how it failed. loose bearings, broken shaft, other? seems unusual, but who is to say that even a mild tune depending how you drive doesn't put it far enough out side of engineered speeds/load to kill it prematurely. Then again plenty of guys have had better luck for sure
Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM

the shaft broke I think. they said a piece of the vein was gone. I updated my programmer now only seeing 22lbs of boost instead of 31 that's turned all the way down still runs just as good. I like the update hopefully it will save the turbo also
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How did you get a shop to look over the programmer? I couldn't get them to even look at my reverse pause.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013F250Tank View Post
How did you get a shop to look over the programmer? I couldn't get them to even look at my reverse pause.
look for a different dealer. I told the dealer it was deleted before hand. he said as long as the programmer didn't cause the problem there was no worries. if the dealer wont take care of me I wont do business there
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 AM

I have went to 2 dealers and played dumb. They arent dumb they know the programmer caused the issue and wont touch them here in FLorida (even if it didnt). They have even threatened to cancel my warranty on the spot. An they always say the programmer caused it. WHat area state are you in? I'm pissed! I've ripped all emissions or sign of emissions off my truck now so if **** breaks from now on from me playing i gotta pay.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sounds like you may have to go with aftermarket turbo or ease up on that right foot.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claws314 View Post
Sounds like you may have to go with aftermarket turbo or ease up on that right foot.
The tuning he is running is stock power levels, just no EPA crap. He should be able to hold his foot on the floor everywhere and not have his turbo constantly blowing up.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013F250Tank View Post
I have went to 2 dealers and played dumb. They arent dumb they know the programmer caused the issue and wont touch them here in FLorida (even if it didnt). They have even threatened to cancel my warranty on the spot. An they always say the programmer caused it. WHat area state are you in? I'm pissed! I've ripped all emissions or sign of emissions off my truck now so if **** breaks from now on from me playing i gotta pay.
im in Oklahoma. always tell the dealer u don't add power with the programmer just use it to turn the dpf off so the truck will run without it. if ur running h&s programming be sure to update it. its a lot smoother with spool up now and doesn't boost as high. still runs alright may lag just a bit more but if it saves the turbo im all for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.