ford service dept? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ford service dept?

ok I have a question for you ford techs. why is it nobody wants to do any work on a vehicle. let me explain I purchased my 2012 f250 powerstoke about 3 months ago brand new only 14 miles on it, well at around 750 miles it started to jerk and buck kinda similar to the 6.0 with a bad injector. so when I got home to Montana I ran it to the dealer and was told it was the tranny just learning how I drive ok whatever well since then its been to 5 different dealerships and all said the samething. well I was not ok with this cause I can hear it spitting air some where during the jerking. so I called ford direct and they finally got my local dealership to check it out well after 3 days of test and drives the engineers decided it was the turbo ok now I am getting some where I thought. but I got called to work in north Dakota and the dealership told me no worries they would transfer the work order to willistons select ford. well it took 3 1/2 weeks to get it in due to them being so busy. well today was that day and I was told from the service guy they were not going to fix it cause he did not notice a problem which I feel is correct after finding all my crap slung all over my bed I am sure he rodded the piss out of it . but any way the refused to due work on a warrantied truck whats the deal sorry so long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ford dealerships are getting beat up by "Mother Blue Oval" about warranty claims. Its not just Ford, but they seem to be the quickest to deny a claim of the big 3. Dealerships dont want to get stuck with a bill, so unless they can lay hands on a broken part or there is an active code pinpointing a problem, they are very hesitant to replace any parts...
That being said, if you can find a dealership that does lots of medium duty truck work, they tend to have better relationships with Ford Warranty and usually have more experienced techs.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsmokeblower View Post
ok I have a question for you ford techs. why is it nobody wants to do any work on a vehicle. let me explain I purchased my 2012 f250 powerstoke about 3 months ago brand new only 14 miles on it, well at around 750 miles it started to jerk and buck kinda similar to the 6.0 with a bad injector. so when I got home to Montana I ran it to the dealer and was told it was the tranny just learning how I drive ok whatever well since then its been to 5 different dealerships and all said the samething. well I was not ok with this cause I can hear it spitting air some where during the jerking. so I called ford direct and they finally got my local dealership to check it out well after 3 days of test and drives the engineers decided it was the turbo ok now I am getting some where I thought. but I got called to work in north Dakota and the dealership told me no worries they would transfer the work order to willistons select ford. well it took 3 1/2 weeks to get it in due to them being so busy. well today was that day and I was told from the service guy they were not going to fix it cause he did not notice a problem which I feel is correct after finding all my crap slung all over my bed I am sure he rodded the piss out of it . but any way the refused to due work on a warrantied truck whats the deal sorry so long
My 13 does this, under light throttle conditions when climbing a slight incline at 55-65, if I feed it a tiny bit more pedal, its gone, also boost gauge all over the place when its doing it. Turbo surge? There is a tsb for 2012 trucks, but seeing as my 13 still does it I doubt it fixes anything and should already be done to yours also, its software changes tsb 13-4-3. I haven't taken mine it yet because I don't want the standard line of bs "normal characteristic" Ford gave me that line about all of the issues I had with my 11 f150, needless to say, my lawyer packed that one up there a%$.... It drives me nuts, but I'll let it grenade first, its harder to say a million small fragments of metal is normal...

Last edited by 11eco; 08-07-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.