Bad Turbo? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bad Turbo?

I am throwing code P132B on my truck right now and it is pretty gutless and doesn't seem to be boosting.

The check engine light isn't on and it didn't go into limp mode or anything but is just short on power.

I didn't clear the code and will probably take it to the dealer Monday but was wondering if anyone here has any ideas.

Its bone stock with 4100 miles on it. And the dealer just changed the oil less than 100 miles ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Bad Turbo?-imageuploadedbyag-free1372693668.633904.jpg Well it's at the dealer now. We will see what happens.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well got it to the dealer and apparently they said the code wasn't active when they started looking at it. So I'm going to go pick it up and see how it runs now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got to talk to the dealer and it is working fine now. After talking to a few friends we decided that the waste gate was most likely stuck open somehow. It had a pretty harsh tow truck ride across town and when the hooked it to the computer the code wasn't active anymore and when I got in they had completely cleared it. Not sure what to think but it is running and driving just fine now. I even got on it leaving the parking lot and had no problem getting 20lbs of boost

Anyone else had something similar happen or any other opinions on why I could hear the turbo but never got any boost on the boost gauge?

A few other items to put the story all together....

Friday I took it in for an oil change at the dealer with 4005 miles on the clock. It drove home just fine then Saturday we went trolling around town looking at some used campers. We had stopped at the store after leaving one of the camper places and I turned it off but then remote started it again because I wanted to come back to a nice cool truck (probably like 60 miles after the initial oil change at that point). Got back in and took off down the road and got on the interstate to head home, realized about 5 miles in on the interstate that it was struggling to pass someone, didn't think much of it, then I hit my exit about 10 miles later and really realized it at that point. I was only about 5 miles from home then so I went ahead and drove the rest of the way since the CEL wasn't on. Got home and pulled to code and that's where it sat until Monday morning. Another item is the CEL never actually came on and I didn't go into limp mode or anything either. Just short on power.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.