I got to talk to the dealer and it is working fine now. After talking to a few friends we decided that the waste gate was most likely stuck open somehow. It had a pretty harsh tow truck ride across town and when the hooked it to the computer the code wasn't active anymore and when I got in they had completely cleared it. Not sure what to think but it is running and driving just fine now. I even got on it leaving the parking lot and had no problem getting 20lbs of boost
Anyone else had something similar happen or any other opinions on why I could hear the turbo but never got any boost on the boost gauge?
A few other items to put the story all together....
Friday I took it in for an oil change at the dealer with 4005 miles on the clock. It drove home just fine then Saturday we went trolling around town looking at some used campers. We had stopped at the store after leaving one of the camper places and I turned it off but then remote started it again because I wanted to come back to a nice cool truck (probably like 60 miles after the initial oil change at that point). Got back in and took off down the road and got on the interstate to head home, realized about 5 miles in on the interstate that it was struggling to pass someone, didn't think much of it, then I hit my exit about 10 miles later and really realized it at that point. I was only about 5 miles from home then so I went ahead and drove the rest of the way since the CEL wasn't on. Got home and pulled to code and that's where it sat until Monday morning. Another item is the CEL never actually came on and I didn't go into limp mode or anything either. Just short on power.