NO PROBLEMS! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NO PROBLEMS!

OK, I'll be the first. Most forums (I've been a member on Harley forums, Silverado and Nissan) and I believe most people only post about problems and few, if any, post the positives......so I'll be the first.

A 2012 F-250 Super Duty, Supercab (not Supercrew), Longbed, FX-4, 20" wheels, and no mods to the motor, tranny, etc.

I have a tad over 14k miles and other than the tires that were weather checked and cracked right around the rim (on all four) and replaced under warranty, I haven't had any other issues with this truck.

That may be because I went ahead and bought that extended warranty gold package (or was it platinum) at the time I bought the truck. Covers pretty much everything the original warranty covers, plus all services, etc. up to 100,000 miles and honored at all Ford dealerships across the nation. I figured that piece of mind (plus the fact that I might not have the $$ for a particula service when it was time) was worth the extra money I paid for that extended warranty/service agreement and......I was able to finance it in the loan.

So, if you have a 6.7L diesel and haven't had any issues, post up your mileage and tell us about it?

And, for what it's worth.....I also had very good luck with my 04 F-350, Lariet, FX-4, dually. Supercab with the 6.0. I kept hearing horror stories but they didn't manifest theirselves in my truck. I've taken both trucks out slinging mud, climbing, etc. besides just regular off paved road, back in the woods type dirt roads besides pulling my 5th wheel througout Calif. Nev. and Ariz.

Last edited by JCZ; 05-15-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Emergency Services

Just rolled over 25k, owned it since 12k. The only issues I've had were a power steering pump go bad as well as a back glass motor. Everything else is great so far! (Knock on wood)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Very cool to hear some positive feedback, I am in the what to get mode and unfortunately there is a lot of negative. Hopefully more people will post.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I guess I will throw in my non-horror stories. I have had my truck for 13 months and have 14k miles. There was an issue that I thought was going to be an issue but turned out to be nothing. It happened within the first 900 miles and again at probably 5k miles, I had the "exhaust fluid system fault, in 50 miles truck will be limited to 50 mph." Both times it it happened it cleared itself before I hit the 30 mile countdown mark so no real issue. I got irritated with that so I deleted it at 10k miles and wished I would have done it as soon as I bought it. I have had 0 "real" problems with my truck so far. I have worked with diesels for years and this is the first diesel I have owned so I was unsure what to what to expect as an owner. I now know that there has always been a huge 2012 Ford F250 Powerstroke FX4 Lariat Ultimate Sterling Gray Crew Cab Short Bed hole in my life that is now been filled. I had no idea what I was missing without this truck!

I agree that most people never post the good stuff, so most people doing research see all the horror stories. So thanks for this topic. Now let's hear some others!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-23-2013, 09:20 AM

i have had my truck for 12 months only problem i have had is doors being missaligned i have 12k miles and i deleted at 4k miles love the truck hate the payment haha
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 AM

oh and wish i had a chrome grille and a centerconsole
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 AM

3 years and 1 month on my 2011 F350 6.7L PSD and have 35K miles of which 14K are towing my 32 foot 5'er.

Issues, yes I have had a few:
-Rear end bounce @40-45 MPH (still unresolved)
-Composite oil pan leak.
-Radiator leak.
-Driver's seat would not cool.

Would I buy another one? Hell Yes. I love the comfort and pulling power of this beast! I can't imagine the power that people who put a tuner on these things feel.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:34 PM

19000 miles in 6 months. Nothing but oil changes, filters, and DEF.
Love this truck!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bought mine new in Oct 11' it now has around 25k miles and I absolutely love this truck. It is my third powerstroke (02' and 05') and by far the best. The issues that I have had are exhuast valves replaced on left head due to excessive regens and sway bar link/ball joints on the passenger front side. Both I chualk up to first year model issues. I tow my toyhauler and car trailer w/ mustang with this truck and it does it with little effort.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Premium Member

I bought my '12 Supercrew, longbed Lariat in November of 2012 and I have had zero issues with 18.5k miles (knock on wood). It's my second powerstroke I used to have an '02. This truck is awesome. I tow my boat and toyhauler with a couple bikes in it and it pulls everything with ease. Such a great truck. I look forward to driving it everyday. Just have to make sure my wife doesn't steal it when I am not looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.