Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2012 body mount noise

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  theinfamouskonrad 
#1 ·
I have been having this horrible popping noise since it got cold out in my truck. It does it whenever there is torque on the frame or body of the truck, can be from turning, braking, or accelerating. Dealer couldn't get it figured out the first time, 2nd time they said body mounts were causing it. I guess there was a tsb for the 09-11 trucks but not the 12's. Anyone else have that noise? You can feel it pop in your floorboard. Supposedly they are shimming it to fix it.

#2 ·
YEA!!! i have the same noise. mostly when i turn corners... i think its the upper pan hard mount to the frame? havent looked. but afraid i should have dealer look before i install my lift

#3 ·
I feel a real light "popping" under my feet when I hammer down between shifts...

No noise though, just a feel.

#5 ·
Same here.
A single "pop" noise right under the drivers feet area. Only happens while turning left fast.
It's really annoying, i was thinking about installing aftermarket urethane sway bar bushings just incase those were the culprit.. but could be anything.
2012 f350 4x4.

#6 ·
Mine did it worse when it was cold out. I ended up selling the truck. After my bumpers started rusting with only 14k on them and ford said they wouldn't cover them i said good by.

#7 ·
I can feel the a movement/tapping feeling in the floor board of my 12 as well. I have never noticed it in turns or during acceleration but more during coasting on bumpy roads doing less than 50 mph. Interested to see what you all find to be the culprit.

#8 ·
:update on my popping noise under the floorboard:

I fixed my popping type noise under the floorboard while turning..
I had it ever since i owned the truck new. I did add icon steering stabilizers and drove around that way for awhile, and the popping was still there. But totally forgot about removing the factory steering stabilizer which you are supposed to do when adding dual aftermarket stabilizers. After removing that, the popping noise is completely gone! So idk if the factory stabilizer is the culprit, or if that causes the steering gear box to have strain on one side causing the "pop" but you may want to check that out. Or maybe just remove the stabilizer to see if the "pop" goes away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.