FORD LOST ONE VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER TODAY!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FORD LOST ONE VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER TODAY!!

I have (had) a '12 6.7 with 12k miles on it that i was having nothing but issues with. I had even opened up a claim with the BBB (better business burea) to see if they could help me get something resolved.

The truck had it's first issues at one month of ownership and 1,136 miles, and continued to have more and more issues as time went on. It was to the point where i could not rely on the truck anymore, and did not trust it. As a business owner, i do not have the time or the patients to deal with these kind of issues.

Over the last two months (once i got the bbb involved) ford had flown engineers on three separate occassions to look at my truck, but each time they would drive it around town for 20-30 miles, and either deny there were any issues, or claim it was a normal operating characterstic of the truck! I can tell you from driving several different 11-12 6.7s that what i was going through was not normal.

Oh, but wait, ford offered to extend my warranty to 75k or 5 years, to try and shut me up, and polish it all over like nothing ever happened!! Big friggen deal, since i already have 60k warranty on tranny and 100k on motor, wow way to step it up ford!!

Needless to say, after over two months of ring around the rosie, and no real answers/solutions from FMC, i got fed up and took it in my own hands to cut my losses and move on to brand X.

I am only 31 years old and i have bought 10 fords (mostly new, and still own some), but this may be the final straw. I have only ever owned one truck other than a ford (dodge) after my experience with 03 6.0, but i continued to come back upon fords broken promises of something better (granted i had an 08 f350 that i loved once i deleted it, and never had a single issue with it).

I still beleive that ford makes the best truck, but they need to pull there heads out of there butts on there motor/tranny/electronic programming (which i beleive is most of the issues).

I have bleed blue until this point, and continue to love the fords trucks that i still own, but i will not be buying a new ford anytime in the near future (if ever), after the way they treated me and blew me off on my problems/concerns.

If they were smart businessmen, they would have handed me the keys to a brand new '12 and said sorry for the problems, we are going to take your truck for R&D to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone in the future, we appreciate you business and loyalty and want to keep you as a customer. Instead they give you the run around, and try and deny any problems!

I do beleive that i am one of a few with issues, but the more i read the more people i am starting to see with premature engine failures, fuel system issues, etc... and i am glad i washed my hands of it.

Hope my new truck treats me better, so long FORD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

So what was the problem you where having?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

I'm also wondering what problems you were having.

Also, as you are a 31 year old business owner, please use the words "patient" and "patience" properly. "Patient" is a person. The word you were looking for is "patience". I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but people do this all the time and something needed to be said about it.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
What was wrong with the truck?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 AM

Below were the problems:

-Exhaust fluid system fault - reprogrammed (never had any further issues)

-during the 2-3 shift every now and again the truck would fall flat on it's face, like it started to ****, and it completely forgot what it was doing for 3-4 seconds (no power whatsoever) - ford could never duplicate - because they would drive it around the block a couple of times, when in reality it only happened one out of every 30 shifts.

-during 3-4 shifts the tranny would often what i would call flare (rpms would rise during the shift briefly, until it dropped into fourth - tech and engineer both got it to do it, but called it a characterestic of the truck!

-the shifts overall were very erradict, and it never shifted the same from one day to the next. One day it would shift awesome, and the next day it would be terrible. It usually shifted the worst, when the tranny was cold, but it often shifted erradictly during alot of stop and go city driving

-truck buck/jerk when in regen from speeds of 50-55 mph - ford has acknowledged that there is a missfire during regen, but has no fix for it!

-trucks backend would start bouncing at speeds of 40-45 when cruising at those speeds, and would not stop unless you either slowed down or speed up - ford claimed it was normal for that truck (funny none of my other super duties ever did that)

-truck would make starter noise sometimes, but would not actually start (always fired right up on second attempt) - ford could not duplicate, but was aware of others with similar problems, but would not fix until they could duplicate

-truck would not start - left me sitting (it was like the batteries were dead, nothing there) - ford replaced egt sensor in exhaust, never happened again)

-whenever crossing an intersection and the truck would move a bit side to side, the abs brakes would make the noise just like they would if you had the brakes locked up. This also happened to me once pulling a gooseneck trailer down off the mountain loaded, going downhilll and around a corner, and the truck must have shifted just enough, and it started making the abs brakes noise, but i didn't have any truck brakes, i barely made it around the corner, by grabbing a handfull of trailer brakes. - Ford claimed it was normal characteristic of truck - even though i almost lost control of the truck going downhill once!

I think i am probably forgetting something, but you get the idea.

Basically ford was denying any problems, and claiming everything was normal characteristic of the truck. If that's the case i would i imagine alot of people would not be ok with the problems i described above. Hence the reason i did not think i was ever going to get anywhere with ford, and chose to move on.

Sucks, because i really like ford trucks, but this one left a very sour taste in my mouth!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmatt View Post
I'm also wondering what problems you were having.

Also, as you are a 31 year old business owner, please use the words "patient" and "patience" properly. "Patient" is a person. The word you were looking for is "patience". I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but people do this all the time and something needed to be said about it.
Sorry, didn't know i was sending this to an editor to get proof read! But thanks for contributing something usefull to the thread!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM

In case anyone want's to question my loyalty, here are the trucks i have owned:

Personal trucks:
96 Ford ranger (first truck)
99 F150
02 F150
03 F250 6.0
08 F350 6.4
12 F350 6.7

Work trucks:
96 F250 7.3
97 F250 7.3
03 F350 7.3 (still own)
06 F650 5.9 CTD (still own)

Wifes:
00 F150
05 F150
12 F150 eco (still own)

I guess it's 13 in all, miscounted the first time!

Like i said until now i have bleed
Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Made In America

Is it just me or has there been quite a high number of these sorts of posts latley? Not saying I dont believe the guy nor am I crying troll, just making an observation

Just saddens me to see these sorts of posts. Sorry for your luck bro... no such problems with mine...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian29 View Post
Is it just me or has there been quite a high number of these sorts of posts latley? Not saying I dont believe the guy nor am I crying troll, just making an observation

Just saddens me to see these sorts of posts. Sorry for your luck bro... no such problems with mine...
I really wish i wasn't having the issues i did, because i really did love the truck, problems aside! I already miss some of the things about the ford, but couldn't stomach to buy another one.

I do believe that i was one out of a select few that happened to get a lemmon, just wasn't happy with fords response! I know alot of guys that are very happy with there 6.7's, and some with alot of miles on them already!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Location: The place where the 2nd amendment is considered illegal.
I'm sorry for your luck too. I'm pretty sure you got a lemon. I own 2 ford super dutys 2007 f-250 and 2008 f-450 both 100% bone stock. I had a minor issue only with my 2008 (only a recall, the famous 6.4L reflash and the radiator hose fittings problem (covered by warranty), that's all) I hope your problem will stop with your new truck, which brand catch your eye? Ram, chevy, gmc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.