6.7 whine noise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 whine noise

ttp://youtu.be/XffqIMERCuk

my third appointment with third dealer is thursday... they other two say its normal. any ideas what this whine could be? when the noise is there i notice maybe 5 to 10% loss of power and mpg lowers by approx 2... its not cleaning the filter or anything at the time. the noise is random. you can rev it in park to make it go away sometimes for a couple min other for only seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Premium Member

It's really weird, more of a moan that a whine. almost like you are loosing a trans pump or even a sticky valve in the transmission. but it could also be a turbo issue because when you are going to park you are taking all the load away and the turbo could freewheel for a short time and then the load would catch back up bringing the noise back. This more likly is the problems because of some powerloss and fuel milage. Just my 2 pennies. Hope Ford Can Fix it, if not "F" it let it develop, its under warranty i hope.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sry forgot to mention they replaced my turbo the first time that was a diff noise i didnt even hear they said they putt a better one in. new turbo didnt get rid this noise which is what i took it in for.

Last edited by temuijin; 08-05-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You got me???
Subscribed.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Nally7.3Powerstroke
I can't really hear from the video but I know at my dealership we have had a couple new trucks come in with a wine noise and Ford told us they have had cases where the fuel filters are creating this noise. Just something easy for you to try because it has actually worked for us.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So today my ford dealer listened to and acknolaged the noise.. Talked to ford engineer... And decided that since no other cases sound like it and there is no light on.. Then apperently there's nothing wrong.. They did this all from listening to it do 1 min. Didn't even pull it in the shop!!! Am I missing something? Is this how service is supposed to go?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

Mine sounded just like that with 1300 miles on my truck and then the DEF pump went out/ shorted out and blew a fuse then in turn sent my truck into limp mode.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so took my truck to another dealer so they could listen to the noise... tech there acknowlages the noise. used some chasis ears or what ever they are. He says the noise seems to be isolated in the transmission bell houseing. waiting for them to find me a loaner to make an appointment for further diagnostics. Im just waiting for the call where they tell me the same as last dealer.... we talked to a ford engineer and since there is no other reports of the same issue then we cant do anything.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just to update... tech is replaceing transmission valve body, whatever that is... says the line pressure is all over the place should have it back next week. we shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.7 whine noise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.