Need advice guys.....vibration at 75 to 80 mph..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need advice guys.....vibration at 75 to 80 mph.....

I bought my '12 250 CC in Jan. of this year. My first "trip" in it was to South Texas, close to 550 miles round trip. I noticed a slight vibration in the front end at about 75 to 80mph (75 is the speed limit here in Texas). I took the truck back to the stealership as soon as I got back and it had 611 miles on it.

I was told my tires were balanced and everything should be good. Took it out of town a couple of more times and it was not good. Same vibration, same speeds. Not trusting Ford, I took it to one of the national tire chain stores here in Houston. I paid for the lifetime balance and rotation. They balanced the tires, another couple of trips, same vibration, same speed. Took it again to the tire shop, blah blah blah.

Monday I take it back to Ford with 7500 miles on it and I am told they can't duplicate the vibration and that Ford doesn't pay it's techs to "drive and find a smooth patch of road". So the truck spends the night and this morning I go up and take a 45 minute test drive with the "Shop Foreman". He admits he feels what I am talking about but Ford has already done a front end alignment check and a balance and they will not pay to have it checked again. At this point, I am furious and ready to kick the guy out of my truck. He tells me to take it back to Discount and have them "road force balance" "since I already paid for it"....are you kidding me?????? He tells me that since Discount did the rotation and balance, Ford won't honor any type of warranty, , huh???? I am litterally PO'd to the max right now

So, now I don't know what to do. We both agree that it is a tire issue but they (Ford) are refusing to help. What happened to making the customer happy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The truck is not lifted nor does it have oversized tires. Suspension is stock.

I'm at a loss of what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What kind of tires do you have?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissankidd View Post
What kind of tires do you have?
I have the stock Michellin's. 265/70 20's I believe.

I am still fuming mad over this and still not sure how to handle it.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

Well, I ended up taking it back to Discount today and explaining to the manager what was going on with Ford. He went out looked at my tires, came back in and made a phone call, When he hung up he said "great news, Michelin is going to give you 100% credit for yout tires and put new ones on for you!!!! Really??? It literally took this guys 5 minutes and they have a customer for life!!

It took 7500 miles with this dealership and they have lost a customer for life!! I don't understand what happened to customer focus and customer satisfaction. I know that not buying vehicles from them won't put them out of business or even hurt their business, but I have lots of Family, friends, hunting buddies, co-workers, etc., that I will tell to steer clear of this stealership!!

Last edited by ceking35; 07-13-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am glad to hear you got taken care of by someone. I havent had a bad experiance at my dealership to date. I have had bad experiances at other stealerships though. Have you been able to see if you still have the vibration or is the problem solved?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BigBlack* View Post
I am glad to hear you got taken care of by someone. I havent had a bad experiance at my dealership to date. I have had bad experiances at other stealerships though. Have you been able to see if you still have the vibration or is the problem solved?
I guess I should have clarified that, yes it is smooth as a babies butt now!!!! Problem is solved. It just goes to show how the service departments don't and won't to do anything above and beyond. Really pisses me off!!!

Last edited by ceking35; 07-13-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Glad it worked out for ya!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So......You got a bunch of friends here too..... Tell us who it is so the locals wouldn't go there either! Crappy customer service deserves lost customers
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM

That is pretty crappy, the dealers are responsible for keeping their stock rotated to avoid flat spots on the tires, I am guessing that was the cause. My dealer "San Tan Ford" sucks so bad, my truck was in eight times and spent three weeks and two days there because the incompetant idiots there cannot seem to do anything right. Started with a battery light, long story is they replaced my alternator 4 times, knocked a hole in the radiator directly in front of the alternator and then claimed it must have been road debris (that made it thru the oil coolers, condensor, and intercooler to the back of the radiator), broke the windshield in one of their 45 mile test drives, left the flap on the air dam loose and it fell off, and forgot to put coolant in it after they replaced the radiator. Those pricks will never see another dime from me. The light was coming on due to a loose pin in the alternator plug harness, all it needed was to be seated properly. I only ever wrote them one review but should have completed a review for each visit.

Last edited by bearscat; 07-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceking35 View Post
I bought my '12 250 CC in Jan. of this year. My first "trip" in it was to South Texas, close to 550 miles round trip. I noticed a slight vibration in the front end at about 75 to 80mph (75 is the speed limit here in Texas). I took the truck back to the stealership as soon as I got back and it had 611 miles on it.

I was told my tires were balanced and everything should be good. Took it out of town a couple of more times and it was not good. Same vibration, same speeds. Not trusting Ford, I took it to one of the national tire chain stores here in Houston. I paid for the lifetime balance and rotation. They balanced the tires, another couple of trips, same vibration, same speed. Took it again to the tire shop, blah blah blah.

Monday I take it back to Ford with 7500 miles on it and I am told they can't duplicate the vibration and that Ford doesn't pay it's techs to "drive and find a smooth patch of road". So the truck spends the night and this morning I go up and take a 45 minute test drive with the "Shop Foreman". He admits he feels what I am talking about but Ford has already done a front end alignment check and a balance and they will not pay to have it checked again. At this point, I am furious and ready to kick the guy out of my truck. He tells me to take it back to Discount and have them "road force balance" "since I already paid for it"....are you kidding me?????? He tells me that since Discount did the rotation and balance, Ford won't honor any type of warranty, , huh???? I am litterally PO'd to the max right now

So, now I don't know what to do. We both agree that it is a tire issue but they (Ford) are refusing to help. What happened to making the customer happy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The truck is not lifted nor does it have oversized tires. Suspension is stock.

I'm at a loss of what to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a similar problem with my 2008 F350 KR. Six sets of front tires in 94K.
Stock tires, wheels and no lift or suspension changes. Took it to ford and four independent tire shops. Ford replaced track bar once, did aligment an subsequent alignment checks, balance and switched tires three times. Still did not fix. Vibration and death-wobble still occurred.

Finally took it to a large truck dealer with big tire shop. They do everything from F250/F550 size service trucks, school buses, motor homes, dump trucks, tandem tractors, ect. Had them do alignment, balance, and true tires. What a difference. Truck dirves better then ever and now has 139K on the same tires that were on it when I took it in at 94K. No more vibration and no more death wobble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.