Hang In There! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hang In There!

As a newbie, you'll have to forgive me if I have the wrong forum.

In the past 14 months, I have had 55,000km of the most trouble free driving I have ever experienced! I have a 2011 F350 CC SRW used for everything from towing a 16000lb trailer/skidsteer combo to boucing through bush. This engine/tranny combo is nothing short of amazing.

Just wanted to let the guys suffering from catastrophic engine trauma to hang in there! Considering the level of innovation this engine offers, the reliability rate for the first year are very impressive. My previous truck was a 2005 Dodge 3500 w/cummins. All the dodge guys (myself included) preach about cummins reliability. Well, my Cummins cost me a total of $90,000 in repairs and missed work. Just goes to show you that every manufacturer can suffer from these issues. And dodge has had over 40 years to sort there engines out.

I am a fully converted Blue Oval guy now, even bought my wife a 2012 F150 CC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
WELCOME TO POWERSTROKE.ORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDuty View Post

In the past 14 months, I have had 55,000km of the most trouble free driving I have ever experienced! I have a 2011 F350 CC SRW used for everything from towing a 16000lb trailer/skidsteer combo to boucing through bush. This engine/tranny combo is nothing short of amazing.

Just wanted to let the guys suffering from catastrophic engine trauma to hang in there! Considering the level of innovation this engine offers, the reliability rate for the first year are very impressive. My previous truck was a 2005 Dodge 3500 w/cummins. All the dodge guys (myself included) preach about cummins reliability. Well, my Cummins cost me a total of $90,000 in repairs and missed work. Just goes to show you that every manufacturer can suffer from these issues. And dodge has had over 40 years to sort there engines out.

Not sure what is so innovative about this engine.

It has less capability than the previous engine. I think that's called a step backwards.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Premium Member

Welcome. I knew there were good trucks out there .

Josh
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddude343 View Post

It has less capability than the previous engine. I think that's called a step backwards.
What are you basing this on. That you can't tune it and get the same power as a tuned 6.4.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:

IMHO, to have an engine that does not need to be tuned in order to make it more reliable, unlike the 6.4, is a positive step.

I can say this as I used to own one.....
Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:

If, in your opinion, the engine has less capability...then why did you buy one?
If you don't in fact own one, then what brings you to the 6.7 forum? I may be just a newbie, but isn't hijacking threads bad form?

My truck wears the 6.7 badge with pride!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad to hear about the conversion
Old 03-21-2012, 05:34 PM

Well, my Cummins cost me a total of $90,000 in repairs and missed work. Just goes to show you that every manufacturer can suffer from these issues. And dodge has had over 40 years to sort there engines out.

I just sold my 07(5.9) simply cause I like the look and sound of ford specifically the king ranch. I have a 6.4 and a f-450 6.7 now. The Cummins towed like a champ and when it broke I could fix it myself quick and cheap. I'm not dogging ford or dodge but that 5.9 had more as s then the 6.4 all round stock to stock and being a srw the dodge towed as well maybe a little less as the 450 but it shouldn't compare. Any truck has problems but the 450 wouldn't go over 50 mph uphill towing 17k on a gooseneck yesterday. Maybe somethings wrong but it's rated for the upper 20's
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDuty View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.