Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front end noise

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Cherry 
#1 ·
I've noticed on cold mornings as I'm slowly backing out of my driveway I hear noise that sounds like binding as the wheels make their rotations. One event per 3-4 wheel rotations. Wheel is straight with no turning when it occurs. By the time I leave my driveway and hit the road, it is no longer noticed. Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 ·
Dumb question, have you looked at your lock outs on the front end to make sure they aren't locked in?

#6 ·
I have noises also. Everything works though!

#7 ·
I took mine in & they replaced the SECOND hub!!! That's both of them now AND they left the "work order" open as this mechanic has a few calls into other Ford engineers because he's never heard of this yet with these new ones. Kinda sounds like a tire lightly rubbing on an inner skirt, best heard on mine going slowly in reverse with the wheels turned in either direction. In fact, when I took the mech. to a parking lot to let him hear it, I had the wheels cranked left with no feet on the pedals, & it stopped moving on its own. Gitter checked, boys! Good luck. Bye the by, I'm in Delta, BC, Canada if they need to look for some history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.