Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

havent heard much about these

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Lead Foot 
#1 ·
havent heard much about these motors since they were released are they good motors how many recalls have been issued so far

#3 ·
Some (including mine) have a strange tick/knock that shows up after the first oil change when the motor is hot. Ford knows about it, and apparently are looking into it. No recall or anything yet, and as far as I know, its not doing any damage. Just kinda annoying to have a brand new 50K truck sound like a SBC with an exhaust leak. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Sounds like the normal tick diesels get after oil changes, the Duramax does it. Search typewriter tick. Its normal.

#4 ·
Engine has been out for over 2 years now with zero recalls. There's TSB's about small problems. A few have had big problems, which you can read about here.

#7 ·
This is actually me and my old Duramax. I shot this video.

#8 ·
I just talk to some guys at my local Ford Dealer and Come to find out one of the Guys at the front Desk For the garage Is a family member :D

I told him i was gonna buy a New Ford after the First of the Year and was looking for any info on the New trucks,I told him i had stopped by cause i see they have a new truck in the service bay with the Hood up :eek:hnoes:

He said since the New Motor was out they only had a Few "small" Tranny issues..He said "small"! and followed that with the Motor was AWESOME! :D man was i glad to hear that!

I told him i was a Little worried about the Turbo's they are usen....That I wanted the truck but that was my main concern... He said BUY IT!

If this truck Lets me down we will be short One family member :hehe::joke:

I feel better already about Buying the New Ferd :D

#9 ·
I am pretty sure the Turbo is the same in the Duramax... Those have little to no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.