2011 F 250 Powerstroke rear window leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 F 250 Powerstroke rear window leak

Hello,

Back in November 2010 i purchased a brand new 2011 Ford F 250 Powerstroke. About 6 months after I had it I noticed that my rear automatic sliding window was leaking,leaving water on the inside of my back window and some of my seat. Now it doesn't leak when it rains, just when i run it through an auto wash or when i hand wash with a regular garden hose. When i took it to the dealership for this problem they stated that they weren't sure how to fix the problem and they would have to contact the Ford tech-line for further instructions.Keep in mind the sticker price on this truck was(are you sitting down) $60,155. So the tech line then contacted my dealership a few weeks later and stated that they didn't have a fix for the problem at this time. So my service manager stated that i should contact the Ford customer relations department and tell them the problem and that they would handle it from here. Kind of weird that i would have to call,but i did and stated my problem with the Ford CRD. He told me the same thing that there wasn't a fix at this time and that he would have to turn my problem over to the customer care team.He said that CCT would investigate my problem and that somebody from the team would contact me in two business days. It was more like six. He went over my problem with me and basically told me that the window was "DESIGNED TO LEAK" and it was a characteristic of my vehicle. This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. He stated that since its a characteristic of my vehicle that their is nothing they can do to fix it. He stated that my truck has a trough under the slider that catches the water that leaks in and drains through hoses that run outside the vehicle. I have torn apart that back seat(short of taking out the seats)looking for this trough and hoses. Im not seeing a thing other than the housing for the cable and the rear window motor.I was just curious if anybody else has had this problem or something like it. Or any advice on what you think my next steps should be. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and waiting to hear back from them. If I would have known about this so called "characteristic" I would not have bought the truck. Im a blue collar working man that has a very expensive truck. I sure as hell don't want it to leak.

Thanks For Listening

Matt Demmin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There's no way the characteristics of the truck is to leak water in the cab. And there is no reason for you having to look for the problem, the sliding rear window has been around for years and many don't leak including mine. Maybe you could try a different dealer.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks stroke11,
I think I will give another dealer a try just to see what they say.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

+1 on trying a different dealer. Mine doesn't leak and there would be a real problem if it did.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Agree with the others....that response would be a "no go" in my book.

Take it to another dealership. Make sure you get everything documented from all involved in case you have to escalate things further up the ladder.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Any Updates?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah.... Sorry about not posting the update. I ended up taking my truck to different dealer. It turns out that 3 out of 4 seals were bad and they replaced all of the seals.
So far i have had no leaks and I had no problems at all with the other dealer and everything was covered under warranty. Thanks for all of the advice...
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDemmin View Post
Yeah.... Sorry about not posting the update. I ended up taking my truck to different dealer. It turns out that 3 out of 4 seals were bad and they replaced all of the seals.
So far i have had no leaks and I had no problems at all with the other dealer and everything was covered under warranty. Thanks for all of the advice...
Good job Man! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it worked out for ya.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM

I have the same problem. Thanks for the update. I'll go to the dealer prepared
Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 PM

The dealer said that it's the seal around the extra brake light that is allowing all the water in. He is ordering the part and I will let you know if it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.