Popping noise coming from rear, passenger door! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 05:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Popping noise coming from rear, passenger door!

I experienced this in my 05' F350 as well but I just learned to deal with it. My new truck has around 5k miles and it's driving me crazy. When I start driving, especially on bumpy roads, I hear a popping noise coming from the passenger, rear door. It sounds like the cab is flexing or perhaps it's coming from the door/body mounts? Has anyone dealt with this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

All 4 doors are doing it on mine at 20000 km so far they replaced the seals that went around the door thinking that would fix it. Now they have it going to a body shop to resent the doors. And the pass seat just starting squeaking, almost sound like when your banging the old lady on an old matress. I miss my 09...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Premium Member

Dumb question . . .is the noise coming from the door area or under the truck?

I too can get overly anal about every sound I hear, especially after spending 60k on a truck. I know that the exhaust systems as well as the turbo pops a lot. I hear it all of the time when the windows are open. I have read in this forum of some "popping" noises from that area under the truck from brackets/rings coming loose due to the heat coming off the exhaust.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have the same thing going on in my 2011 F250 6.7. The noise comes from the rear passanger door. Almost like there is something moving side-to-side in the door frame.

Usually my radio is loud enough to where I do not hear it but I am definitely experiencing the sam issue.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 PM

It's definitely in the passenger, rear door. I took it to Grapevine Ford to get it fixed. the tech road in the rear seat next to the door and heard it instantly. I drove around in the parking lot and it made the noise constantly. He said he fixed it but soon after I left the sound was back. It's VERY noticeable. The other day I took it to another dealership to get my rear outlet replaced in the center console (another issue). I asked them to take a look at the popping noise. He said he needed the truck all day to do both. I gave up the truck for the day. At the end of the day when I picked the truck up,, I got an invoice stating the noise could not be duplicated! I wasn't very happy. I could get in the truck and drive about a hundred yards and hear it several times! I can't stand dealing with the service departments!
How about this service department story for today! I decided to get some bigger tires at Discount Tire today. 255/80/17 BFG MT. I scheduled a time to get them installed at 1 pm. I waited for about thirty minutes and they said they needed the wheel key to remove the tires. I told them they're stock rims. Well, evidently the new trucks come from the factory with wheel locks. We searched all over for the lock. I called the dealership and all they could say is it should be in the glove box. I just had the tires rotated at 5k at the dealership so I thought maybe the tech forgot to put it back in my truck. Trust me, I wasn't very happy at this point. Discount lowered the truck and off I went to the dealership. I met with my service advisor. He wanted to check my truck first. He looked all over and couldn't find the key. He went to the back to ask the tech if he had it. The tech remembered my truck and said it never had a key in the glove box and he had to use the master key at the dealership! Seriously,,, brand new truck and no wheel lock key,,,,,I'm thinking that it's pretty obvious to let the customer know about it and make sure he gets one before he leaves! I was very upset. The truck was a dealer trade so I'm sure the key is at the original dealership but how about some customer service!
Now they're going to have to order 4 new locks and a key.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

still no answers for the popping?
mine is doing the same thing.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine did it constantly. I got rid of the truck at 35000 km. That's when the transmission let go and I had enough with all the problems this truck had. I found a 2003 cummins to use for my towing needs. I'm done with the ford diesel. I did buy a new Ecoboost for my DD.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 AM

Had the same issue with both my 2010 as well as the 2011.

Sprayed some white lithium grease into the door latch mechanisms.....no more popping.

Try it out....
Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schillster1 View Post
It's definitely in the passenger, rear door. I took it to Grapevine Ford to get it fixed. the tech road in the rear seat next to the door and heard it instantly. I drove around in the parking lot and it made the noise constantly. He said he fixed it but soon after I left the sound was back. It's VERY noticeable. The other day I took it to another dealership to get my rear outlet replaced in the center console (another issue). I asked them to take a look at the popping noise. He said he needed the truck all day to do both. I gave up the truck for the day. At the end of the day when I picked the truck up,, I got an invoice stating the noise could not be duplicated! I wasn't very happy. I could get in the truck and drive about a hundred yards and hear it several times! I can't stand dealing with the service departments!
How about this service department story for today! I decided to get some bigger tires at Discount Tire today. 255/80/17 BFG MT. I scheduled a time to get them installed at 1 pm. I waited for about thirty minutes and they said they needed the wheel key to remove the tires. I told them they're stock rims. Well, evidently the new trucks come from the factory with wheel locks. We searched all over for the lock. I called the dealership and all they could say is it should be in the glove box. I just had the tires rotated at 5k at the dealership so I thought maybe the tech forgot to put it back in my truck. Trust me, I wasn't very happy at this point. Discount lowered the truck and off I went to the dealership. I met with my service advisor. He wanted to check my truck first. He looked all over and couldn't find the key. He went to the back to ask the tech if he had it. The tech remembered my truck and said it never had a key in the glove box and he had to use the master key at the dealership! Seriously,,, brand new truck and no wheel lock key,,,,,I'm thinking that it's pretty obvious to let the customer know about it and make sure he gets one before he leaves! I was very upset. The truck was a dealer trade so I'm sure the key is at the original dealership but how about some customer service!
Now they're going to have to order 4 new locks and a key.
Any Updates on your situation?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for insight. Mine (2011F250) has done this since 3K and have 9K now. Sprayed silicone lube in all latches and cycled doors several times and now is church mouse quiet even on rough roads that made most noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.