2011 f-550 6.7 def codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 f-550 6.7 def codes

I bought a 2011 f-550 6.7 with 1800 miles on it and it already has a check engine light on hooked it up codes were p2048 redundant temp sensor and p205c redundant tank sensor if anyone knows what these are please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdhjelley View Post
I bought a 2011 f-550 6.7 with 1800 miles on it and it already has a check engine light on hooked it up codes were p2048 redundant temp sensor and p205c redundant tank sensor if anyone knows what these are please help
Sounds like an electrical issue with the truck. You may have blown a fuse, or just have faulty hardware in the Urea system. They are both circuit low codes, which generally means they are shorted out or open loop.

Get that bad boy to the dealer!

Good luck with it!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the luck but there is not I've been to two dealerships so far nobody will evin attempt to work on it and nobody knows anything about these new motors ford should figure out these bugs by themselves instead of with us test dummy's to bad I just went and bought 4 new chevy duramax best things ever fords gonna loose alot of money with this truck
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the luck but there is not I've been to two dealerships so far nobody will evin attempt to work on it and nobody knows anything about these new motors ford should figure out these bugs by themselves instead of with us test dummy's to bad I just went and bought 4 new chevy duramax best things ever fords gonna loose alot of money with this truck
I hope you enjoy your Dmax's then. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sounds to me like the ford dealerships he's taking it to don't know to work on anything because the system has been out for three years.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Two dealerships wont work on it, I hardly believe that. Have fun with the IFS chevy's, by the way chevy's are having way more issues with urea with half the trucks on the road so good move on your part
Old 02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.7 DEF Codes and what the problem actually is

The manufacturer of the DEF pump has a problem with the sensors in the DEF pump. All of us might "discover" this problem either by now or by the end of February. The DEF pump is supplying the exhaust catalyst with the correct amount of fluid, the fluid is probably the right mix, etc. The sensor inside the DEF pump is defective. Ford has pulled all DEF pumps from its supplies. The manufacturer is presently building new DEF pumps with better sensors - and these new pumps should start delivery to Ford around the end of February.

So, if you are getting these DEF codes, you have the DEF pump bad sensor problem. You get to see the "Engine Light" for the rest of the month. Yup, I can see "Recall" written all over this one.

geoph
Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am having good luck with the dmax I have had them for the last 6yrs and never any prob and none with these so far to bad the ford is havi problems the truck itself is very nice hauls a load no prob pushes snow good its just these emissions they should just get rid of it all
Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
I am having good luck with the dmax I have had them for the last 6yrs and never any prob and none with these so far to bad the ford is havi problems the truck itself is very nice hauls a load no prob pushes snow good its just these emissions they should just get rid of it all
emmisons arent going anywhere
Old 02-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know there not going anywhere I'm just saying these new fords are pieces of junk stop defending them you spend 70k on a new work truck drive it 900 mile and the thing looks like a damn Christmas tree on the cluster I'm just seeing if anyone has had the problems I'm having I'm not here to argue what's better a dmax or powerstroke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.