2011 Problem with question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Problem with question

Hey guys, truck had to go into the shop this morning. Goin to tell you what its doin and see if yall have any ideas. On Monday my fuel gauge stopped registering fuel. It has been showing I am on empty with no miles to go. My tank has fuel in it. Infact I had just filled it up about 2 miles before it stopped working. Then last night on the way home the trucks screen gave me a warning to (drive truck to clean exhaust filter). Since I still had 20 miles or so to get home thought no big deal. Then this morning the same message popped up, drive truck to clean exhaust. So as I was driving I watched the instant mpg reader and it was not showing the normal low mpg while in regen. So I pulled over to smell the truck and sure enough it was not regening. Took it straight to the dealer before I ended up stranded in limp mode. They gave me another 2011 king ranch to drive while they figure it out. Ill let you know what the dealer comes up with.
My question is, is there anyway my problems could have been caused from bad fuel since it all started with a couple of miles of topping it off. The station is a shell and well known in the area that stays busy. I wouldnt think the fuel would be bad there but it was my first time to fill this truck up there. Truck has 6000 miles and plenty of DEF fluid.

Last edited by Clintd; 09-16-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It might not have actually went into regen since it thought it was just about out of fuel. Let us know what they find.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dealer called this am. Truck should be ready this afternoon. Turns out some wires were rubbing on metal somewhere between the sending unit and fuel gauge. The wires eventually were wore threw. The service writer told me four wires had been cut from the rub. Not sure what the other three wires were to and neither was he. They reconnected all of the wires and gauge is working fine.
And Jstange2, sounds like you hit it on the head. The Dealer said the gauge reading empty is why it would not go into regen. They also told me the computer should slightly derate the power once your Miles to empty gauge is below 50.

Last edited by Clintd; 09-20-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.