2011 Natural Pull to the Right - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Natural Pull to the Right

Just wondering if the 2011 F250 6.7 has a natural pull to the right.

am I the one with the "Beta" lemon ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by My08F250FX4 View Post
Just wondering if the 2011 F250 6.7 has a natural pull to the right.

am I the one with the "Beta" lemon ?
The one I drove didn't pull. Take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment and if it's ok have them switch the 2 front tires side to side and see if the truck pulls left. If it pulls left, you have a radial pull which can be corrected with a new tire.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
The one I drove didn't pull. Take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment and if it's ok have them switch the 2 front tires side to side and see if the truck pulls left. If it pulls left, you have a radial pull which can be corrected with a new tire.
Thanks for the reply, the truck is headed back to the dealer in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
shaking things up

it could have gotten miss alligned on the transport truck or something stupid like that just have em check ya out
Old 07-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine had a pull to rite after i rotated the tires back to front. Rotated tires back & pull went away. Took it to dealer & they rotated tires back to front & rite to left. Also did a balance first on all tires, service manger test drove after every change & said the steering wheel was off a little to the rite. Finally put on wheel alignment machine & checked said both sides were same according to machine spec. Finally installed a shim in rite side & it fixed the problem for now...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
it could have gotten miss alligned on the transport truck or something stupid like that just have em check ya out
I'm hoping it's a simple fix. Overall, I like the truck very much, it's all the little quarks I'm finding that's starting to get aggravating, I.E. wind noise whistleing coming from the driver's door window, the alignment, and the rattling coming from above the headliner in the sunroof components.
All of which the dealer will be taking care of in a couple of weeks.
I just hope these will be the only issues I have with the truck.
Will

Last edited by My08F250FX4; 07-10-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09stroker View Post
Mine had a pull to rite after i rotated the tires back to front. Rotated tires back & pull went away. Took it to dealer & they rotated tires back to front & rite to left. Also did a balance first on all tires, service manger test drove after every change & said the steering wheel was off a little to the rite. Finally put on wheel alignment machine & checked said both sides were same according to machine spec. Finally installed a shim in rite side & it fixed the problem for now...
Mine presently has the pull to the right, the dealer has already tried once to re-align the truck, however their alignment computer did not have the 2011 programming yet, so they tried based on 2010 programming......they said the truck fell within specs.
Initially, along with the pull to the right, the steering wheel was also offset to the right a little, and after the dealer tried the first time to align the truck, they rotated the front tires and re-aligned it. The truck fell within specs, based on 2010 programming, but still pulls to the right, only now the steering wheel is offset to the left the same distance as it was when offset to the right.
After the alignment. took the truck for a test drive, initially appeared ok, but the roads are crowned pretty bad, so I accepted the truck. When I got the truck back on the interstate, on a good flat patch, that's when I noticed the truck still had the pull to the right and the steering wheel was offset to the left this time. So the truck is headed back in couple of weeks for another attempt at re-alignment.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

6.4 owner chiming in....

My new 2010 pulled to the right.....dealer checked it out and determined she was out of spec.

She tracks so true now, I could take a nap in the back while driving through west Texas!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine pulled the right, had to pull a Prius out of the front right brake caliper....
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM

no pull on mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.