Driver Front Door Interior Wind Noise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Driver Front Door Interior Wind Noise

Anybody experiencing interior wind noise on their new 2011 trucks? I'm getting wind noise coming from the front driver's door, sounding like it's originating from the top front corner of the door. Everything around the door seems ok and no noticeable mis-alignment. Any suggestions?

Going to have the dealer check it out.

Other than that, I am so far extremely pleased with the truck. I reluctantly traded my 2008 6.4l with only 22K on it for this truck, but was fed up with the "High Humidity" operating problems. I only have 380 miles on the truck, and will finally get to put it on the highway this weekend.
In comparison to what I was going through with my '08, if the wind noise is all I have to deal with, I will be extremely happy.
Will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have not had any wind noise with mine...
Old 07-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd ask to have the dealer replace the door seal just to be sure. BTW, are you sure that its not air turbulence noise from the mirror ?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF350 View Post
I'd ask to have the dealer replace the door seal just to be sure. BTW, are you sure that its not air turbulence noise from the mirror ?
I'm taking the truck to the dealer on Monday the 5th, the shop said it would be open. I've cycled the mirrors both extended and folded with no difference in the wind noise. It still sounds like it's coming from the upper corner. Not sure if the window is seating fully when all the way up, or if the air is coming through the top of the door.
And to make matters worse, now there is a bad rattle coming from above the headliner within the sunroof components, so I'm going to have that checked as well
I really hope this truck isn't going to give me a bunch of problems. But at least these are small problems in comparison to what my '08 F250 put me through.

Last edited by My08F250FX4; 07-01-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My truck has started doing this wind noise exactly like you describe at 5k miles. It is not mirror related. I can usually make it sound at around 50mph in calm air. If driving in wind then direction and speed matter.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Has anyone tried the door seal mod as a remedy?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 PM

I had that noise after I tinted my front windows...tint shop cut the window seal all to heck and I never noticed til driving dwn the road and heard a noise and had pieces flapping in the wind. Talk about heart breaking... Tint shop had the local dealer change the window run/seal.

I'm sure your door may need a minor adjustment. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzi75 View Post

I'm sure your door may need a minor adjustment.
I don't know. I had the same problem with my 03 6.0 and the dealer never could fix it!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowdoc View Post
My truck has started doing this wind noise exactly like you describe at 5k miles. It is not mirror related. I can usually make it sound at around 50mph in calm air. If driving in wind then direction and speed matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Tire View Post
I don't know. I had the same problem with my 03 6.0 and the dealer never could fix it!
I unfortunately periodically have been getting the wind noise again......for my truck, it is originating from the window seal around where the "tweeter" is....I pull the window seal out in that area and re-seat it and tempoarily fixes the issue until I cycle the window a few times then it begins to "whistle" again. I'm going to ask the dealer to check it out. Until then, I'll keep re-seating the window seal, a 5 minute fix.
In comparison to all the problems I had with my '08 6.4, I'm not really giving this issue to much attention, since to me it's minor and tolerable.....so long as the engine on the new truck (2011) doesn't act up, I'll approach the "creature comfort" issues when time allows.
For now, I'm just happy that the engine go's when I step on the gas, unlike my 6.4, which fell on it's face almost every time I needed the power
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 PM

I have a 6.4 08 that makes a gazoo wind noise once in a while- just today- the dealer said it might be the seal on the windshield. I had posted this on the 6.4 site and never got a response untill this week and now I have suddenly heard of a bunch of trucks doing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.