Regeneration Frequency - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Problems Forum 6.7 Problems Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Regeneration Frequency

We have only sold two or three 6.7 trucks at my dealer, and haven't seen any of them back for service yet.

What are you guys seeing for regeneration frequency on the new trucks? How much does it beat the fuel mileage up when it's in regeneration?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 09:18 AM

One of my local dealers here let me take one for a couple days earlier this week and I saw the regen message pop up right around 500 or so miles, and saw it for no longer than 10 seconds. Not sure if that was the entire process or not, but it wasnt showing the message for long at all and from what the screen was telling me, it didnt kill the mileage too much.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I would imagine (since the 6.4 is now this way) the regeneration message only comes on briefly, and then goes out. If you do a 'system check' through the cluster, you will likely see "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" as one of the last couple messages as you cycle through it.

That was the FIRST regeneration on the truck at 500mi? I wonder how frequently it will regenerate after the initial regeneration. I know my 6.4 truck didn't regenerate for about 600mi the first time, and I typically was doing at least one regeneration per tank. Sometimes twice.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My first regen was has approx 150 miles and it took my MPG down 1 -2 based on what the computer was telling me. My second regen was around 250 but I had been idling alot between the first and second so I am discounting the distance between regens as due to the long idle time, especially since I now have about 450 miles on it and I have not seen it do a third regen.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I get 2 regens per tank since lifting it. I only get 300 miles per tank (hand calculated and adjusted for my 37's) and that is mixed city and highway.

before lifting it, i would only get one regen and 425 miles per tank.
not sure why the regens kicked in but they kill my mpg's. i can't wait till tuner and a delete.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 PM

I'm wondering if regen frequency would stay the same as the truck gets more miles on it?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM

So far I have less than 400 miles on the truck and have seen the "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" message 3 times. It doesn't feel like it lasts very long and not too sure if this is due to short distance driving while in the Keys, but I plan on getting the truck on the interstate this weekend to see how the truck does.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
probably every 125-150 miles I am getting a regen, that is just a ballpark, I can watch it drop mileage about 1.5-2mpg
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Has anyone had experience with regen pulling REALLY heavy and hard???? Everyone said with my 6.4 should regen less pulling hard because the EGT's were already hotter, but I found the exact opposite, pulling big and heavy my 6.4 regened every 45 min. and they lasted as long as an hour, usually bringing my milage down in the 3-4mpg range. I am just wondering how regen is going to work on the 6.7 when pulling heavy, I thought I understood that the urea injection ment less regens??????? When I say pulling hard I mean grossing over 30,000lbs or something close to that on long trips.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM

Well, took my new 2011 out last night and just finished a 350 mile round trip and the truck regen'd 3 times, each regen took place at 100 to 120 mile intervals, regardless of going 55mph or 70mph, and each regen lasted for approximately 10 miles, based on watching the "Instant MPG" gauge. This is consistant with my previous post of the truck regen'ing 3 times inside of 400 miles. Is it possible the 6.7's are programmed to regen at this mileage as a form of "self-maintenance" ?
My only concern with the truck regen'ing this frequently, is "oil dilution".
Does anyone think this would warrant any concern?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.