Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Problem?

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  tbaker00 
#1 ·
I bought the 2011 King Ranch 6.7 Diesel Super Duty about 3 weeks ago. My problem is that I'm so amazed by the engine and all that it is capable of, yet no one has an exhaust, tuner, etc. out yet for it! :) Spartan said 3-4 more months on tuner. Haven't heard anything about exhausts...

#2 ·
There you guy' go again wanting to see if you can make a rocket out of these already awsome power machines.
They already have enough power!!
Don't go screwing them up more.
Tuners were dicussed at school & the teacher told us it's not a good idea.
Go ahead! Mess it up more if you wish.

#3 ·
wow, that was a completely uneducated post. Who are you to tell someone to not tune their truck because it will "screw it up"?

I'm sorry, but my truck is tuned and i will NEVER go back to stock. Why not get the most power out of these trucks along with better MPG. If i had a 6.7 i would be dying waiting for an exhaust and tuner to come out. I for one cant wait to see what they can do. Only draw back is i maybe trading my truck in for one once i see it, lol and i dont want another payment. My truck is payed off... haha

#4 ·
:doh: I didn't say for no one to not install a tuner,I was just stating a fact directly from Ford on these new 6.7's that it wouldn't be a good idea.
Knock your self out friend.
I would be interested when someone installs one & see how it turns out when someone brings one into my shop.
Maybe the tuner distributors know what their talking about since that's what their there for & know if it will perform the way their suppost to.
Don't be hastey with me.
I'm a "Ford Diesel Master Certified Tech" :icon_ford: have been doing this for a long time but retiring before long.
Have had enough of this crap.
Have a great Memorial weekend friend.:)

#5 ·
Ford says it's not a good idea because they have a new onboard computer that keeps track of all the data, it can tell if there is a tuner and it cant be erased, ford techs will check the computer anytime the truck comes in, basically ford is tired of paying for people tuner problems.

Im not saying dont tune your truck, maybe just wait till your warranty runs out or the bugs get worked out of your 2011.

#6 ·
I've always got turned down on warranty work coverage on a truck with a tuner, chip or anyaftermkt. devices like K&N filters & Jake Brakes installed on one.
When I submit a concern for a drivability issue they turn it down everytime.
Can't lie about what's on a truck that's not suppost to be there in the first place.
Company eats the claim if sent back declined later on.
Doesn't happen much for no starts concerns.
Been doing this since they started building the old 6.9L on up.

#7 ·
This is the first ford built tranny/diesel super duty. It has NO OTHER application than this series. I anticipate that next year will be 400 hp, the year after 415...the engineering, testing that went into this setup was intense, Ford could not have another 'problem child'. If you want to pump it up, if you want to find the next weakest point, we would all appreciate it. This is what racing programs are all about. That being said, it is a pocketbook ruled decision, the old adage you pay to play applies. Pump it up, have some fun, if/when it breaks keep us posted so we can know what to expect, how far we can go... and the performance related costs. Some pockets are deeper, and there is no need to justify, explain why, just 'post the mods, and the results!!!!'

#8 ·
there is an exhaust out.wanna say flo pro.it was posted in the sponsors or 6.7 sections the other day.

#10 ·
When you do mod it and it breaks. Dont go and bad mouth :icon_ford: for building a pos truck. You become the engineer when you put your parts on it. Im not against mods but, I am against the guy that bashes :icon_ford: when it goes bad for them.

#11 ·
I've been racing and 'moding' vehicles for years...it's just something I love to do and have fun doing it. I enjoy seeing what the vehicles are capable of. Eventually I'm sure I will like to do a tuner, but if something broke I wouldn't blame FORD at all. I'm excited about the new engine and am looking forward to comparing this truck to previous years after mods and to other makes. Makes garage talk interesting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.