i would try the procedure once again just to make sure and see what happens.
I have tried it at least 5-6 times. The manual says:
The easy entry/exit feature can be turned off or on through the vehicle
message center (if equipped). If your vehicle does not have a message
center, the feature can be turned off or on through the following process:
1. Put the key into the ignition (The driver seat may move forward if the
easy entry/exit feature is activated).
2. Place the ignition key into the on position (do not start the vehicle).
When the vehicle is in the on position, the interior and exterior lights,
the climate controls, and the radio are functional without the engine
started. See Programming remote transmitters for ignition switch
3. Turn the ignition key to the off position.
4. Cycle the ignition key between the off position and the on position a
total of three times ending with the ignition in the off position.
5. Engage the forward or rearward seat switch.
6. Remove the ignition key from the ignition switch. (The driver seat
may move rearward if the easy entry/exit feature is activated).
Steps 2 through 6 must be performed within a 20 second period. The
easy entry/exit feature will be deactivated. Repeating the above process
will also reactivate the easy entry/exit feature.