Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2012 rattle/clicking noise

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  dave05250 
#1 · (Edited)
So I noticed the other day that when the engine is at operating temperature I have this repetitive clicking noise that changes with rpm. I cannot figure out where it's coming from. It seems to run fine, no codes no lights no limp nothing. Stock program not deleted. It has 123,000 on the odo. Anybody have any ideas? Turbo was replaced at 85,000. When I get to a computer I will upload a video.

#2 ·
video attached maybe...

Attachments

#3 ·
Any ideas? I hate to take it to the dealer but may have to for this one.

#5 ·
I don't think it sounds like the typewriter noise. I can't get the video to upload without attaching as a .zip file. Its an mp4 file. I'll try to capture just audio and attach later.

#6 ·
sounds like its coming from the injection pump has anybody heard a pump make noise before it failed?

#7 ·
Dropped a cylinder today....

#10 ·
i have a P02F0 code for cylinder 3. Picked up a new injector yesterday from the dealer. I'm going to inspect the harness real well before replacing the injector. Does anybody know the torque specs for the hold down clamp bolt and lines?

#11 ·
local dealer claims 22ft lbs plus 90 degrees. Injector replaced but now starts hard, would this be a symptom of not having the IQA code changed? i also still have the clicking buzzing sound...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.