Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 dash warnings going crazy! Help!

25K views 13 replies 15 participants last post by  mikecompton 
#1 ·
I need some help! I've had the truck for almost a year. It had 2900mi when I bought it. It's got 18k on it now. A few weeks ago I stopped to get the mail and the dash started going crazy throwing every warning you could think of. I got back in and all the codes were gone. I figured it was a fluke until last week. It did it again. I let it run for a few minutes and decided to turn it off. It wouldn't start back up right away. After about 20min, it started and I drove straight to the dealer.
They had it for 2 days, cleared all the codes and couldn't replicate it. They said the codes were U codes and not real codes?? The next morning it did the same thing again. I took it back and after 3 days, they said they could only think that my AMP Powersteps were the cause. They disconnected the steps and wanted to keep it for a few more days. I said no and picked it back up. It made it 2 days and I got the codes again.

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced it? I've attached a video of the messages. https://youtu.be/NtFhzuJ7HrU

#2 ·
Something is causing your PCM to go crazy. Looks exactly like what a truck does when tunes are being downloaded. Is your truck stock?

#3 ·
lmfao @ "u codes, not real codes"
u codes are network codes. and it certainly looks like a network issue.
take it to another dealer

#6 ·
When this happens push on the park brake if the lights go off release the park brake they will probably come back on. There is a bulk connector under the dash that rubs on the park brake lever. Look under the dash on the drivers side and there will be a bulk connector above the park bake lever position it to where it is not rubbing on it and you should be good to go

#7 ·
As mentioned above, check the connector around the parking brake. My 2015 was just returned to me after fixing that exact problem, you dealer is an idiot, those codes are in fact real, they tell of a loss of communications with the various computers on board.

My problem ended up going a little deeper too, as my rear heated seats started blowing their fuse. A pin was found pulled from the connector (above the parking break) and it was shorting.

I use my parking brake religiously, the wire bundles have been secured above and away from the parking brake for me.

Cale

#9 ·
I had the same issue on my '14

When it happens you think your truck is going to explode with all of the lights and dings and gauges going dead. I took it to my service advisor and he knew exactly what it was (harness adjacent to parking brake)...Had it back in about 15 minutes and its been fine since...

#12 ·
Looky here. April 2018 and Ford still hasn't done their customers right by issuing a recall. Had this pop up in December 2017 while hours from home. Fortunately, the truck did restart after 4 hours but I went without heat on a long drive home. After over $1,000 in repairs and 4 days in the shop, it was supposedly fixed. Popped up again last week on my truck and the Tech wised up and searched the Ford Tech Forum for some advice. "Lucky Me" as I had the extended warranty but the co-payment of $108 (twice) raised my blood pressure a bit once I found out what the real problem was. Those co-payments are now being refunded but I'm still irked (understatement) with Ford for letting this loyal Ford customer down.

2013 F-350 Lariat

#13 ·
Had this issue on my 11. I removed the harness from its mounting location on the ebrake bracket and zip tied it up farther. Also when I release the ebrake I don’t let it hit against its stop causing the vibration. I put my foot down on it and let it release slowly. Haven’t seen the issue in over a year.

#14 ·
Yes i have a 2015 with 60,000 miles on it and its been doing the same thing ....i was told it needed new batteries even though they seemed fine to me.... a month goes by and all seemed well until one day i got out to check the mail and booom.... it did it again....so agrivated!... any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.