Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Mar 2013
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electric Rear Window Issue putting me over the edge with Ford
In spring I purchased a new 2013 F250. I also purchased all the warranties.
1. In July I was towing a 5th wheel and turned too sharp and broke rear glass.
2. Brought to Safelite to have it fixed with Factory Ford rear window ($800)
3. Electric rear window on glass wasn't working. Brought it back. They replaced motor. (I live an hour from both dealership and Safelite) new motor didnt fix it. They said to take it to Ford because they thought it was an issue with the switch
3. Brought to Ford. They agreed it was the switch after checking the install and motor. Ordered new switch.
4. Brought back second time (called day before) get there, 2 hr wait to be seen. So I left.
5. Brought back 3rd time. Switch did not fix it. They asked to bring back again to drop off (I live an hr away mind you)
6. Call service manager. Ask to take a car off the lot home. They said they dont do that (although a different ford dealer did for me in another city last summer) he agreed to pay for rental car.
7. Bring truck yesterday. They set up my gf with a rental car.
8. Go to pick truck up today. Gf brings rental car back. They find a chip in windshield now trying to charge us for a whole new windshield.
I am just beyond mad. The final issue the dealership said was the wiring by the auto glass place. STILL its the fact it took them FOUR trips to do that PLUS 2 total trips to Safelite
Had it have been fixed the first time correctly there would have a total of ONE trip as opposed to SIX.
In addition to the TIME, and GAS, now there's the EXPENSE of replacing rental car glass which all could have been avoided.
It's not the cost as much as its all this time invested and then when its finally fixed it ends on a WORSE note with the glass.
I really don't have a question. I know I'm never taking it back to the dealer I bought it from for Service (it's a nationwide Ford dealer)
I'm just venting. All the time wasted and while yes, I did bust the window, having it taken in once to be fixed then FIVE more times to be repaired, all when I live an hour away (each way) is just beyond annoying. Other than an exhaust sensor it's the only real issue I've had in the 20,000 miles. The entire reason I sold my Jeep prior to this, is because the same crap would happen ALL the time with the Jeep. So I said, "I'm going to buy a brand new f250 with all the warranties and not have to deal with that crap anymore, my time is valuable." Nope, it's as bad if not worse.
While it did come back to be Safelite, they were bending over backwards doing everything possible to make it work. They even offered to send their tech to the Ford dealership to show them the install and motors were fine and it was a different issue. It still took Ford far too long to fix it. Yeah it wasn't entirely their fault but certainly partially. They never would have known it was replaced had I have not been honest to help them fix it, and there was still an issue with the Ford motor in it, not the work Safelite did.