Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 f250 6.7 motor seized

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ElkSlayer 
#1 ·
Hi all! new guy here to the forum hoping to get some suggestions and help on this situation after taking my truck to the dealership which has 133k on it for an oil change which is always on time or early. I dropped it off in perfect running condition no CEL or anything and then get a phone call from the service advisor that the motor has seized up after changing the oil. Am I completely screwed here or think I will have some options you think? Won't know what happened till they take apart the motor tomorrow. :crying:

#2 ·
Uhhhhhhh...

How much you want to bet some tech started the oil change and had someone else finish it and they forgot to put oil in it...

#4 ·
If I were you I would go in there and demand to look at the truck... You could probably pull the dipstick and find there is no oil. Unless they have already started tearing into it that is.

#6 ·
6.7 would as the injection system isn't HEUI, and it should tell you pretty quickly you screwed up... But, if this is the case the tech obviously wasn't paying attention to begin with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.